I've always liked when bands are theatrical with rock operas/concept albums. I've never known anybody who feels the same way which is why I'm asking you guys. What do you think about theatrical rock? Some examples are David Bowie, Marilyn Manson, Pink Floyd, The Who, ect.
Queen..A Night at the Opera...nuff said....and don't put Manson in the same line as Pink floyd and Bowie ever again!!!lol
Last edited by gurg06 at Jul 15, 2008,
Does Iced Earth count? if yes, I can say I like it.

EDIT : How about Liquid Tension Experiment ?
Quote by denizenz
No, Bowie sucks ass.

error

but...

Quote by denizenz
?

I think you mean Avantasia, Dream Theater, Kamelot, Rhapsody of Fire, Queensryche, Shadow Gallery, Nightwish, Savatage...etc.

THIS

and

Quote by gurg06
Queen..A Night at the Opera...nuff said....and don't put Manson in the same line as Pink floyd and Bowie ever again!!!lol

this.
Quote by seljer
you all forgot Green Day - American Idiot

Oh god...

*bashes head against computer screen*

You know a friend of mine tried to explain to me how that has a story, and he tried to tell it... Obviously he failed pretty badly.
eh, its not as bad as you guys are making it out to be
yes, greenday fans are generally retarded and so are the singles/music videos/etc...

but its not that bad as a whole album
Coheed and Cambria's stuff is all concepty and awesome
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Quote by denizenz
?

I think you mean Avantasia, Dream Theater, Kamelot, Rhapsody of Fire, Queensryche, Shadow Gallery, Nightwish, Savatage...etc.

David Bowie?

Another Kamelot fan?!

I thought I was the only one !!!!
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
If you are looking for some good theatrical rock ill check out meatloaf's Bat Outta Hell album
Quote by Aaron the 4th
GAYS...we don't hate that your gay we hate that your proud of it
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Pffft, check out all 3 of them.

High-Fuckin'-5!!!!

Hell check out all of his albums
Carmel is hawt
Quote by denizenz
Kamelot is great. I can't get into Epica (the band) though.

Same, I like Simone Simmons on Kamelot tracks, but a whole album just of her.. meh... I just can't
Carmel is hawt
*theatre.

and what exactly is meant by "theatrical rock"?
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
You guys brought up a lot of bands I forgot. But let's not get theatrical rock and prog mixed up! Marilyn Manson and David Bowie dress up and do crazy **** which is why I consider them theatrical but whatever.

The most divine theatrical band ever in my opinion though is early Genesis Peter Gabriel era!
Quote by KileManA7X
You guys brought up a lot of bands I forgot. But let's not get theatrical rock and prog mixed up! Marilyn Manson and David Bowie dress up and do crazy **** which is why I consider them theatrical but whatever.

The most divine theatrical band ever in my opinion though is early Genesis Peter Gabriel era!

well you said Concept aswell.....concept and theatrical albums aren't really the same thing. Does that make Slipknot a theatrical band aswell?
Last edited by gurg06 at Jul 15, 2008,
I like concept albums. Gives me a reason to listen the album as a whole instead of individual songs. Though the downside to it is that I tend to just listen to the album from start to finish and even after listening to it over 50 times I won't be able to tell you which song is which unless clearly stated in the lyrics or the song is really awesome and makes me want to listen to it a few more times before continuing on with the album.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Quote by last-1s-out
Coheed and Cambria's stuff is all concepty and awesome

I'd love to see a movie of their trilogy...