Well, I'm thinking of buying an amp as my band might start gigging soon and my fender frontman 15 is WAY to small to gig with. I've heard people praising valve amps so I was just wondering.

Would a Vox AD50VT2-XL be loud enough to gig with?

http://www.guitar.co.uk/amplifiers/electric/1563-vox_ad50vt2xl_valvetronix_xl_electric_guitar_amplifier?page=6

My band does arctic monkey influenced indie pop/rock, I'll be using the amp with my squier strat or my ibanez sz along with a zoom g2.

If there's a better amp for the same price range as the AD50 (£180-200) then please feel free to share it with me.

Thanks.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
look for a used peavey classic 30

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
look for a used peavey classic 30

Not to fond of peaveys.
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Quote by |Matt Dolan|
Not to fond of peaveys.

play on the Classic 30, and you'll like it. trust me
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Wouldn't a valve 30 be quieter then a valve 50 though? also I don't have £300 to spend on a second hand peavey.
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Valvetronix aren't valve amps.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
the AD50VT isnt a valve amp, but to answer the question, yes it is loud enough to gig with
Try out a Laney VC30, and that Vox isn't a valve amp. It's has an SS with a 12AX7 in the mostly-SS power section. So, it's not a valve amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
That is not a valve amp.

Look for a used Peavey Classic 30, or even a Classic 50.

If you really want a valve amp, don't be conned by the name. That amp has one tube in the power amp stage (which really does nothing).

Real valve (Tube) amps have around 6 in the pre amp stage and 4 in the power amp stage.

GO PEAVEY!!
Do NOT look behind you.
his budget is £200 - peavey classic 30s and Laney VC30s arent an option. If you cant save up more and need something giggable then the ad50vt is a fairly good option
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
his budget is £200 - peavey classic 30s and Laney VC30s arent an option. If you cant save up more and need something giggable then the ad50vt is a fairly good option

He did say he wanted a valve amp, and the AD50VT is not a valve amp. Period. It is an extremely stupid idea to just blow your money on something right now when a little saving up will get you something tenfold the value.
Do NOT look behind you.
Quote by |Matt Dolan|
Not to fond of peaveys.

no offense, but you don't know the difference between a hybrid and an actual tube amp...how can you even say you're not fond of peavey when you've probably never played a decent one?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by c_man471
He did say he wanted a valve amp, and the AD50VT is not a valve amp. Period. It is an extremely stupid idea to just blow your money on something right now when a little saving up will get you something tenfold the value.

yeah i know it is stupid, my advice would be to save up and get a valve amp, but incase he is stuck to £200 (say its a birthday present and he doesnt have a job or something) i thought i would answer his original question, could it be gigged with? which it can.

Having owned the AD50VT id recommend saving up for a valve amp, but if that isnt an option then the AD50VT is probably one of the best £200 amps that can easily be gigged with
Quote by c_man471
Real valve (Tube) amps have around 6 in the pre amp stage and 4 in the power amp stage.
Fail is fail.

Peaveys are very expensive here in the UK.

Best option would be a used VC15, although you could just about stretch to a new'un.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Fail is fail.

Peaveys are very expensive here in the UK.

Best option would be a used VC15, although you could just about stretch to a new'un.

oh yeah i never thought about a used VC15, that would be a good option. Im looking at VC15s, i dont like the LC15r i have. Also wanna try a tiny terror but that is far too pricey for you as you need to get a cabinet
Quote by MrCarrot

Low budget + £ = Laney
Ryan you can add that to your sig...
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
oh yeah i never thought about a used VC15, that would be a good option. Im looking at VC15s, i dont like the LC15r i have. Also wanna try a tiny terror but that is far too pricey for you as you need to get a cabinet

Would it be loud enough to gig with?
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
if my lc15 is anything to go by then I would say at a push yes. The only instance it wouldnt is in bigger venues where they would mic you up. Im not too sure though, so id head over to the laney thread and ask mate. dont be tempted by the LC15r's low price by the way, it wont suit your style!
Quote by |Matt Dolan|
Would it be loud enough to gig with?

The Laney VC15 can manage it.

The VC30 should be chosen though - save up for a bit if you can, it'll be better in the long run. If not, the VC15 will be perfectly fine.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
So would you say the fender super champ is enough to gig with?
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
possibly. would be worth trying the laney vc15 too to see which you prefer. epiphone is bringing out a valve senior soon (18 watts), it'd be worth trying too.

the advantage you have is that the type of music you like doesn't need high gain, and needs more vintage tones- most of the cheaper valve amps are aimed at vintage tones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Super Champ XD is great amp... probably on the lower limits of gigging... ie ok for coffee shops small venues, need to be miked for anything bigger. But that is a great sounding amp for the money.
The fender super champ if I remember is a 15 watt tube amp with built in modeling. Try the amp for yourself don't just buy something for the sake of it. I tried the the smaller 5 watt vibro champ when I was looking for something with a wider range of sounds compared to my valve junior. I did not like the difference in volume between some of the settings on the vibro champ so passed on it. In the end I bought a Cube 60 because it could go all the way from clean to metal in one amp, it had a 12 inch speaker and overall I liked the sound from it compared to amps similar in price.
^ good point, i noticed that difference in volume too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gregs1020
Low budget + £ = Laney
Ryan you can add that to your sig...
Do you think my name is Ryan?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
MrCarrot:

Yeah, I think everyone is assuming that your name is Ryan by your custom user title.
Your correct name is on your profile right?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^You're not THE Ryan Stiles? Aww.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Isn't your name Oli or something, Carrot?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ryan stiles kicks ass.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?