Does anyone have any cool sounding chords i could use in an intro, and just like Pick through them in the progression instead of strumming them? I want something that sounds a bit...Power Metal, i suppose Thing the chorus of "The Bards Song" Medieval kinda thing. Another example would be "Lord of the Rings" also by Blind Guardian (im a bit of a fan)

Thanks in Advance!
Move octave and power chord shapes around and let some open strings ring. Simple to do and gives some interesting chords
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Tubyboulin
Does anyone have any cool sounding chords i could use in an intro, and just like Pick through them in the progression instead of strumming them? I want something that sounds a bit...Power Metal, i suppose Thing the chorus of "The Bards Song" Medieval kinda thing. Another example would be "Lord of the Rings" also by Blind Guardian (im a bit of a fan)

Thanks in Advance!
Ahh metal, one of the most articulate of genres. Power metal is indeed one of my favourites too, although I like the more tradition styles of helloween(sp?).

The rhthym section of metal (what the guitar gentlemen plays) is usually more melodic than most other styles of contemporary music. Might I suggest using powerchords and finding riffs using the seven notes of the major scale?

Also, alot of powermetal uses a guitar to play some melodies instead of vocals. Might I also suggest that you find a melodious melody to play over your riff and harmonise it in thirds or fifths or sixth or fourths (or a combination).
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
^ Ill deffinitly try the harmony things. Harmonies are my favourites Ill also mess around with some add9 chords, minor 7ths and the other ones you guys suggested. Thanks!