I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out.

I'm a fan of of electronic but I'm looking for something that has kind of dark, dreamy twist to it. Something like the song "The Passportal" by Team Sleep, or anything by Android Lust.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Awesome......I will check some of these out.

Keep the suggestions coming.

"Autechre" I remember reading somewhere that Thom Yorke was a big fan of theirs.
Quote by MastaBassist10
http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?threadid=580838&cache=72
There's a free MP3 release on there from a darkstep artist called Donny who's supposed to be pretty good.

Eh, that track is more aggressive than dark.

You'll be wanting to look into:

Lustmord
Atrium Carceri
Coil (check out Musick to Play in the Dark Volumes 1 & 2)
Scorn (especially the Gyral and Stealth albums)
Technical Itch has done lots of dark stuff, check out his Diagnostics album, as well as tracks such as The Green, Heaven, Mind Killa, his remix of Submerged's Servant, Hellness, Undercity, Whirlwind, plenty more
Bad Company - The Nine, probably lots more but I can't remember
Vex'd - Thunder and Third Choice should send chills up your spine, get their Degenerate album
Lots of Distance stuff, check out his My Demons album
Get your hands on the Torque compilation on No U Turn, great dark dnb
Ed Rush & Optical have a fair bit of dark stuff
The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble
Bohren under Club of Gore
Photek - The Rain, UFO, Knitevision
Amon Tobin's Permutation album
Just about anything by Skinny Puppy
Wumpscut
Velvet Acid Christ

Okay that'll do for now.

EDIT: forgot Dom & Roland, plenty of dark stuff. Imagination, most of the Industry album
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Last edited by raise_the_dead at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by yearzero
Awesome......I will check some of these out.

Keep the suggestions coming.

"Autechre" I remember reading somewhere that Thom Yorke was a big fan of theirs.

Yeah, Yorke loves them apparently. I'd recommend starting with something like Tri Repetae or Quaristice because a lot of their work lacks any melody.

And I think raise has given you enough suggestions for now so I'll back off.