What part of your playing do you enjoy the most or think is the best technically? Do you love your chord progressions, is your sweeping uber clean, are your bends awesome? What makes you most proud?

My fingerstyle legato/groove is my favorite part of my playing I enjoy it so much.
my riff abilieties, and my some how awesome way that i solo, i just run my ring middle and index and to pull offs and bends till it sounds good :P
I enjoy heavy riffs in 'strange' frets. That gives a major effect.

Let's say I have a drop D duning and the song is in D.
The main frets I would play are 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10 and 12. But I like the sound of 4th fret. or 6th fret. They sound interesting in.
I enjoy my alternate picking, although I still have loads of improvments to make. I only do sextuplets at 110bpm, and I've been trying to reach 140.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
I have a 'blues' feel to alot of my lead playing, and I think it sounds good with the music I write. It's not something I really hear alot from other bands, and I think it sounds awesome if it's done right.
hmmm, im not sure if it counts but aside from my alt picking i really just enjoy the style of playing that i've developed over the years. i try to use a little bit of everything (as long as it sounds good and fits) in everything i do.
i just love my style of riffing with all the fast rhythms and string skips and my solos are gettin there too at 13 nps
My versatility.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I love how I can play and change chords ever so elegantly.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by Matt Chavie
What part of your playing do you enjoy the most or think is the best technically? Do you love your chord progressions, is your sweeping uber clean, are your bends awesome? What makes you most proud?

My fingerstyle legato/groove is my favorite part of my playing I enjoy it so much.

i think my bending and virbrato is probably my best technique. i seem to have more control over them than most people i know.
Quote by Iron_Dude
I enjoy my alternate picking, although I still have loads of improvments to make. I only do sextuplets at 110bpm, and I've been trying to reach 140.

If that's clean then that's damn fast. Faster than me, anyhoo.

Anyhoo, legato. That's all I do well.
my sweeping, its pretty much perfect now. the video in my profile was before i spent weeks perfecting it - i spent the first day playing every sweep shape i knew 20 times at 100bpm - then at 120 and went up each day.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
What I like is that I'm a terrible guitarist, so I always have something to work on!!!
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by ouchies
Thats pretty far from perfect..

No need to put anyone down. This is a thread about strengths, not weaknesses. He seems to be happy with his sweeping, and that's what is important right now.

What defines "perfect" anyway?
Last edited by fixationdarknes at Jul 16, 2008,
Well, I guess like a few others on here I always have this bluesy kind of feel, but with some rockabilly in it too.. I always tend to put in stuff like double stops, and then some single note tremolo picking on a single high note in a broken, ska-esque chord to get like a kind of mandolin sounding vibe (just started doing that). I guess I can do okay legato, though I haven't been openly practicing it and timing myself. I just kind of haphazardly develop my style.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by fixationdarknes
No need to put anyone down. This is a thread about strengths, not weaknesses. He seems to be happy with his sweeping, and that's what is important right now.

What defines "perfect" anyway?

yeah you're right. I was just expecting something incredibly spectacular. I'm not saying its bad, hes pretty good at sweeping but definitely not "perfect."

And hmm, thats a good question.
Quote by AngusX
What I like is that I'm a terrible guitarist, so I always have something to work on!!!

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I never run out of either motivation or ideas to work on.
. . . ummm . . . . . ummmm/ /. . . oh! my pinch harmonics are okayish

thats about it everything else is weak
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
I like my 'less is more' idea when it comes to lead. I find the notes in the scale i find fit perfectly and play them to what they are worth. Its kinda hard to describe but yeah.

Also my vibrato, its not crazy but subtle and gives an edge.
I like my phrasing and I am trying to nail tremolo picking, my favorite technique. My solos have a strong Olavi Mikkonen (Amon Amarth) influence. Of course they are no where near as good, but someday....
How I blend in different styles with legato fast alternate picking runs and screaming bends in other words mah shredzorz

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
Bends and vibrato. Legato is getting there. My straight alternate picking is pretty bad. I almost always cut fast picking licks in half when playing in front of people so I don't sound completely worthless
i love my hybrid picking. it sounds amazing to me. my legato is getting there.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
My outside picking and that's about it, most other areas of my technique need a huge amount of work, especially inside picking and general fret hand finger independence.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Strumming! lol
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
I love how I'll just be playing a bluesy-rock riff, and then I just go nuts outta nowhere, exhausting every lick I know 6 different ways from Sunday.

My speed alternate picking? lol. Meh.