The guy who was threatening me is now VERY apologetic...forgive him or not?

Page 1 of 4
As some UGers might remember I had a massive issue with a friend who had been threatening me after our friendship went sour.

Well a few days ago this guy came knocking on the door and was so desperate to see me, I decided to give him the benefit of a doubt. After a good long conversation about stuff he apologised and now wants me to make up with him.

Now my problem is this- the whole thing is one sided and he still expects me to take partial blame for what happened. He also doesn't seem to understand that the physical damage is far outweigherd by the mental trauma he caused me.

So...can I forgive a guy who almost killed me?
Wwjd.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I'd forgive him, and I think you're exaggarating with the "almost killed me" part.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
express your issues with him and tell him that he has acted like a royal wanker

P.S. I agree a little bit with the Israeli person above, I'd say chick but after Frenchie I'm not sure who's a girl and who isn't
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Last edited by wiggy1988 at Jul 15, 2008,
Quote by BassistGal
I'd forgive him, and I think you're exaggarating with the "almost killed me" part.

Let's put it this way- this guy treated me like dirt, then had a go at me to the point where I tried to commit suicide by throwing myself from a 4th floor window.

Luckily God spoke some sense into me....otherwise I wouldn't be here.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Let's put it this way- this guy treated me like dirt, then had a go at me to the point where I tried to commit suicide by throwing myself from a 4th floor window.

That's not exactly called "almost killing you", but let's not argue about semantics.

I understand you're a chrisitan, and although I don't agree with all of your morals, I'd suggest you to take the christian way and "turn the other cheek".
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Fail. Why ask the Pit, try being ****ing independant for once.

Edit: "Almost killed me" I lol'd.

Your problems are so trivial compared to other peoples.
Hes only nice to you so the next time you try and actually kill yourself hes not at blame. That or he just pities you. Either way hes not your real friend.
Quote by CrazyDavey
Fail. Why ask the Pit, try being ****ing independant for once.

I knew you'd be all over me like a rash if I posted this thread.

Please kindly abite!!
If you think he's not gonna try to kill you anymore forgive him.
Why would you try to commit suicide because of one guy? What'd he do really, I see you said he treated you like dirt, but if he did why didn't you kick his ass? Do 200 push-ups a night every day for a month and by the end of it youll be able to bench easily 50lbs more than you were a month ago. So you shoulda worked out and Beat him up.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
If you think he's not gonna try to kill you anymore forgive him.
Why would you try to commit suicide because of one guy? What'd he do really, I see you said he treated you like dirt, but if he did why didn't you kick his ass? Do 200 push-ups a night every day for a month and by the end of it youll be able to bench easily 50lbs more than you were a month ago. So you shoulda worked out and Beat him up.

This is actually what I'm planning to do....

Basically I felt that way at the time cause this guy promised me a lot- to get me a band together, write me an album and produce it among other things. We also spent a lot of time together as friends. I even lent him £100.
Future Fassa threads:

"We're out of milk. Should I go to the Co-op?"
"Someone hacked my UG account and made a load of stupid threads!"
"I think someone looked at me funny. Should I make a fuss about it?"
But he is geniunely giving you an apology, he may have came into check and finally realized how messed up he was for causing harm on another human. Just have a few more talks with him and if he seems real, Forgive him.
Why don't you ask God what you should do? It isn't very christian of you to come to a rock and roll guitar web site asking for help is it? You are gonna go to hell for this.
Quote by chemical trails
Why don't you ask God what you should do? It isn't very christian of you to come to a rock and roll guitar web site asking for help is it? You are gonna go to hell for this.

Give the kid some real help asshole.
Quote by daeqwon10000
Give the kid some real help asshole.

I just figured since faith is a crutch and all, he has his help. It is the atheists who need help! (I am not an atheist btw)
Quote by chemical trails

Hey, God created the very notion of music so all types of music can be used to praise God!

Plus, i play rock music myself!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I knew you'd be all over me like a rash if I posted this thread.

Please kindly abite!!

Cool.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

what does god sound like?
Sig space available, give me some praise
If it were me I'd be less than cordial. There are enough people in the world that I don't need to keep forgiving transgressions.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
This is actually what I'm planning to do....

Basically I felt that way at the time cause this guy promised me a lot- to get me a band together, write me an album and produce it among other things. We also spent a lot of time together as friends. I even lent him £100.

Wait, so u tried to kill yourself over this?
Quote by ross1234
what does god sound like?

The greatest sound in the world, opening up a can of soda. But it is more like words done to that style of sound.
Quote by daeqwon10000
Bruce Willis

wait

Bruce Willis is God

Quote by chemical trails
The greatest sound in the world, opening up a can of soda. But it is more like words done to that style of sound.

bruce willis opening soda?
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by ross1234
bruce willis opening soda?

God would not have made a movie about a 50 year old man jumping out of helicopters. Yep, the latest Die Hard was too unbelievable to be good. You disagree if you never saw the first ones.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

He didnt almost kill you, you almost killed yourself.
how can you call your self a christian if you want revenge, try reading the gospels and then think about what you want to do. because if you want revenge, you are not christ like at all.

try reading matthew chapter 6 verse 38-48 kindly titled "teaching about revenge"

hopefully if you believe that god spoke to you before, this reading will make you realize how ignorant and unholy revenge would be.
Page 1 of 4