I'm going to be playing a gig at my school this year with my band and I was wondering if it will be loud enough. I have it and i've jammed on bass with my band (2 guitarists and a drummer) and I could hear myself just fine. It's just that the EQ thing is weird. Will it be loud enough? Can anyone who has used it for a gig give me some input on it?
i struggle at times with 300W against 40W tube and an immensly loud drummer

youll prolly have the volume ok.....dont know about tone though =/
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
i struggle at times with 300W against 40W tube and an immensly loud drummer

youll prolly have the volume ok.....dont know about tone though =/

You don't want to know.

jay kay.

TS, you should be good, but for the love of god, don't face the cabinet towards the crowd. You'll level them.
Did everyone understand that it's a bass amp? I don't think 180 watts (Behringer watts - they have rated their amps higher than they are on a few occasions, don't know about this) is that huge for a bass amp.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
180 is really loud.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by Fama
Did everyone understand that it's a bass amp? I don't think 180 watts (Behringer watts - they have rated their amps higher than they are on a few occasions, don't know about this) is that huge for a bass amp.

+1. People should learn to read.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
It's a bass amp people.
You should be fine though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
okay as far as bass amps goes 180 watts is nothing buuut depending on what you're guitarists have you might be ok

personally i use 350 watts for gigging (as the rule of thumb is 3X you're guitarists wattage)
I am me. Live with it.
180 watts of solid state actually isnt as loud as it sounds. I've used 150 watt solid state guitar amps before i went tube years ago. Could barely get it to go over the drummer. When i did get it to go over the drummer where i could hear all my notes it sounded muddy as hell. But a lot of people here claim 40 watts of tube amp is to much and to loud. Although in my band 40 watts of tube isn't even enough. There is always the argument you can mic it into a PA but i dont plan on going out and buying a PA system for our practice room other than what the singer uses. I use 120 watts of tube power and have all the headroom and it doesn't sound pushed. can get it over the drummer and sounds great.
okay i didnt read it was a bass amp. 180 watts isnt that much at all. You'll probably be heard but you won't be shaking the place. Bass player we had last had the all tube ampeg classic. talk about some killer bass tone.