hey all, I recently learnt about the existence of AXL guitars. I have seen one advertised in my local paper but im not sure which model it is, it just says B&W AXL guitar and its priced at £55 but i would try to haggle. Basically i just wanted to know what people think of these guitars and if they are any good after a decent set up. Just would mind a second guitar and i was planning on saving for something really nice this xmas but £50 isnt going to do much damage surely? anyway yeh your thoughts please
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
I've always wanted to try one out, but never see them at stores. I hear the Badwater series are amazing.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I here the same that the AXL Badwater are a decent guitar, not great, but alright. For the price you're going to buy the guitar at, its a fair enough deal, just a few upgrades later on maybe and you'll be gold.
well the advert says B&W so maybe its means badwater but the paper messed up the print. they do that alot with adverts i find, il ring up tomorrow, I would quite like a cheap but alright guitar just to mess about with, ya know like get it set up nice and stuff.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
If you want to play a soft kind of song, say stairway to heaven, and want almost NO distortion, you will not be able to get this from an AXL. I recently saw an ad on the trading post and i got a Fireax not long ago. AXL series are for metal or heavy rock as they have distortion built into the pick ups. If you want the look and that out of the AXL and play softer songs, you can always swap the pick ups over. Depending on what model it is, the Fireeax is fantastic for solo's and the 80's kind of rock songs. take a look at this, the range of AXL mayhem series........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itAGvJQztb8
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
yeh i saw that it sounds pretty beast, I think whats advertised is a badwater, I will go try it out asap to see if its worth grabbing, its not a lot of money and will be a fun little side project to help me learn the tech and hardware side of guitars better, I think I will try to set it up to a different tuning to my other guitar maybe, and then replace the pickups in time, maybe get it fret dressed... lol dunno might just be fun to have a second guitar to mess about with.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube