I was thinking something like So What or Tune Up...suggestions on an easy jazz song that I can improvise over?

Thanks...
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by LP51122
I was thinking something like So What or Tune Up...suggestions on an easy jazz song that I can improvise over?

Thanks...
Blue in green seems pretty easy, maybe too easy?
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Blue in green is kinda tricky... firstly because Miles was able to change the feel of it on a dime... and secondly because the progression cycles around and doesn't really feel like it lands anywhere until the end.

I'd recommend some blues based songs like Sugar or something... the head might look harder, but overall it'll be easier to play. Although when you're up for it Blue in Green is really fun to learn with melody in chord voicings.
Quote by dividedsky
Blue in green is kinda tricky... firstly because Miles was able to change the feel of it on a dime... and secondly because the progression cycles around and doesn't really feel like it lands anywhere until the end.

I'd recommend some blues based songs like Sugar or something... the head might look harder, but overall it'll be easier to play. Although when you're up for it Blue in Green is really fun to learn with melody in chord voicings.

A further problem with Blue in Green is that it's a 10 bar cycle and since the chords and the melody loop rather than end, it can be very disconcerting for the soloists, they don't have something to build for, and they're playing round a strange number of bars.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.