1. Are all basses able to have extra eq knobs added on for more flexability?
2. What would need to be done?
3. How much?

Thanks in advance, I can't find any reliable basses with the mid-vari feature that wont cost me $600. So i figure get a reliable bass and then get it added on.
EQ knobs are found on active basses, part of the on board preamp, u might have known that already but just incase u didnt. if you want extra EQ knobs u need to replace the whole electronics and get a preamp. if u want to do that for passive basses u need to get bigger cavity for the electronics and batteries. (when i say u, i mean a luthier)
You could add in a preamp, but it would require a lot of work and time and I'm pretty sure you're not an expert, considering you asked the question, so would you risk destroying your bass to do it?
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
The place I got to online doesn't have anything for active pickups and i can't find any good diagrams on google.
Quote by Ranxston
You could add in a preamp, but it would require a lot of work and time and I'm pretty sure you're not an expert, considering you asked the question, so would you risk destroying your bass to do it?

Adding a preamp takes minutes if you get a half decent one. The Nathan East preamps are pretty much a resolder job- the preamp and battery fits in a standard J bass cavity.
I forgot to mention adding in the EQ.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
I have EQ on my amp, could I get some suggestions for a bassy rattling kinda sound?

BTW I have an HA2500
theres another thread just now asking about rattling string tone. boost the high mids and highs and lwer ur action.