Hey. I was thinking of changing the humbuckers and tuners on my B.C. Rich Bronze Series Warlock. I was gonna swap the stock humbuckers for an Emg 81/85 set. What do you guys think I'm going to need?
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AC4
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Are the stock passives?

If so then you need to swap the entire circuit,

change the pots to 25k pots, and the mono jack to a stereo jack.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Are the stock passives?

If so then you need to swap the entire circuit,

change the pots to 25k pots, and the mono jack to a stereo jack.

Yes, they're passives. thanks
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AC4
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Save the money and buy a better guitar....putting expensive pickups on a low priced guitar is not worth it after a while...although its understandable to upgrade a low priced guitar for a better sound....my advice is dont do it..
Quote by 'Equ
[noX']Save the money and buy a better guitar....putting expensive pickups on a low priced guitar is not worth it after a while...although its understandable to upgrade a low priced guitar for a better sound....my advice is dont do it..

I have a MIM tele that is fairly good. I was just wanting to upgrade this one. Do you think I should just sell it to get different gear? I have like 3 crap guitars from the days before i discovered UG
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AC4
Ibanez Tube Screamer
you might have to route out some wood to make room for the battery and the extra wiring.

i dont know how your guitar looks like under the bonnet though so you may not even need to.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

sell it, invest some money in a nice Ibanez S series
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Lower grade BC Richs are pretty poor guitars. You want something better with a mahogany body for EMGs to really shine

and yeah if you buy an EMG set it generally comes with all the pots, batter snaps, jacks etc.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Ok, thanks for all the help everyone
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AC4
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Do you guys think it'd be worth it to put an EMG T set in my MIM Tele?
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AC4
Ibanez Tube Screamer
I'd sell it. If you have tuning problems, here's a little guide I wrote...Some of it applies to your Warlock. The last part will definitely help:
There's several factors, when you're trying to keep a guitar in tune:
- Stringing technique
- proper setup
- As little friction as possible.

So let's attack these possible problems.
Friction - Your guitar has what are called string trees:

The circled metal thing keeps the string from popping out of the string nut. Useful, but they also create friction that prevents the string from returning to its proper pitch after a bend or something. So...apply some sort of lubrication to to the underside of the string tree, as pointed to by the arrow. Use something like Big Bends Nut Sauce, or Guitar Grease. Even pencil lead will work. Simply grind the pencil lead into dust on a paper, and use some of this dust on the point of friction. You can even use machine oil.
The same problem occurs at the string nut. Each groove has a bit of friction. So you can apply the same lubricant there, underneath the string, and that will help. You can also buy the appropriate replacement nut, but the nut should be made of graphite. There's less friction from that material.

Moving on to setup. There's a lot of material to cover with setup, far more than I feel inclined to go into...but I can point you towards some helpful links:
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tutorial1.htm
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602241&page=1&pp=20

Lastly, stringing technique. Yes, it's possible to string a guitar improperly. I actually mess with my Strats trem a lot, and it stays in tune really nicely. Of course, I have it lubricated at the proper points of friction and have a graphite nut, but I don't use locking tuners or anything like that. The secret? Stringing your guitar the right way! Here's a link that will show you how I do it:
http://www.stringthis.com/howtostringu.html