ive been working on sweep picking for a while and i can do three and fours string sweeps pretty easy. but on five strings i find alot of the time the fingers have the same fret played on two strings. my question is do i try to bar those two notes or use two different fingers?
|--------------------12h15p12-------------------------14-17-14--15----
|-----------------13----------13-------------------15--------------17------
|--------------12----------------12-------------14--------------------16---
|-----------14----------------------14-------16--------------------------17
|--------14---------------------------15--17--------------------------------
|--12-15---------------------------------------------------------------------
well, you don't really bar it, but you do use the same finger, kind of roll your finger so you're only fretting one string at a time and muting the ones that aren't supposed to be making noise at that moment
Quote by sincewhen??
You LastAuramancer ....Are a GOD
You bar them with one finger and you roll the finger as you sweep. Take a look at YouTube there are a lot of visual lessons there that show how to sweep 5 and 6 strings and how to roll properly.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
http://www.youtube.com/

Search "sweep picking lesson" and you'll get a hundred+ links.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.