Hey guys, I need a new amp.
I was thinking, a fender deluxe or twin re-verb or something along those lines. I was wondering what you guys think the best fender amp out there is including, sound, quality and price.

Thanks.
If you want some break up the deluxe is great, the twin is awesome for tons of clean headroom and the bassman give you the tweed mid sound.

What style of music do you play? Fenders may or may not be your thing.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I'd say a deluxe or twin reverb with a couple of tubescreamers in front of it oughta do ya just fine.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'd say a deluxe or twin reverb with a couple of tubescreamers in front of it oughta do ya just fine.
Two tubescreamers =/= instant magical SRV tone.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
How much can you spend?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by MrCarrot

But it screams "I wish I was SRV"
Quote by guitar/bass76
But it screams "I wish I was SRV"
YES
THIS
YES
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^Ready to burn them down?

Anyway, if you'll give a budget, we'll be better suited to help.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by MrCarrot

Good point, probably ought to get three to be safe.
Look at Fender 1964 Vibroverb Custom Reissues (you may have to go used).

Instant SRV tone, but it's a one trick pony. I think if you wanted more blues tones, I'd look into something like a super reverb or bassman.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I'm thinking a Fender Super Reverb or Vibroverb.

EDIT: ^You stole my post!

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
@ DARK-yeah I was considering a bassman. I haven't played it yet though. might try it out. the vintage does sound tricky.
Quote by TNfootballfan62
I'm thinking a Fender Super Reverb or Vibroverb.

EDIT: ^You stole my post!

SO a fender Super Reverb, how much are they.
And how much is the vibro?
^Check musicians friend. A super reverb is in your price range, but you'll have to look used to afford the vibroverb reissue.

EDIT: Here's the Super Reverb Reissue:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-65-Super-Reverb-Combo-Amp?sku=480703&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26039738

It's well within your price range. The Vibroverb Custom Reissue is not, but don't be afraid to look for vintage fender amps.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at Jul 15, 2008,
Take your time looking for the amp. Play anything before you buy, and make sure you're completely happy.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86