here's my Delima, i bought a 1960 reissue LP, which cost me around 2k, and the neck pickup sounds overly bassy, to the point that even in middle pickup selection i have to turn the bass completely off just to tame it a little. now when i brought this thing home from the guitar store it was really messed up as far as setup(terrible intonation etc), would this be a pickup height issue? or would a new neck pickup be an investment.
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Les Paul Standard 60s Neck
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
I would invest in a new pickup. It's really the only thing I can think of that would make and impact like that. Perhaps an electronics change also.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Try an EQ pedal. Plus side of that is you can use an EQ pedal with any guitar and any amp and there are all sorts of different tones you can get. Buying a pick-up would work just fine too but obviously its only useful for 1 guitar. Pick-up height may help a tiny bit, but if its so bassy that you need to cut the bass to 0 on your amp to compensate then I don't it will be enough. Try playing around with the height and see if it helps, but most likely you will need to buy an EQ pedal or new pick-up.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
just adjust the pickup height on the bass side, lower the bass side to decrease the bass
oh and its "dilemma"
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
thanks, ya thats what i was doing at one point with a BOSS Eq, but i'll try pickup height too.
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Les Paul Standard 60s Neck
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!