I was wondering if anybody could tell me how you hook your guitar up to your computer?
There's individual cables that you can buy at places like Wal-Mart or guitar shops, but your best bet is getting something from Line 6 like a TonePort. It's a little on the expensive side, but it comes with really good software and it's pretty easy to set up.
Eh.
The high end units that can stream audio down the USB would work but the lower units dont do this and you can easily get an audio interface that would be better for a better price.

Whats your budget?
Isn't there a USB cable that comes with the Line 6 POD to hook up to the computer?
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Fiddlin Man
a Line6 POD wouldn't work would it?

Sure. If it has a USB cable (XT, X3 I think have them as well as the live versions), just plug that in. If not, use the outputs and plug that into the line in. You may want to get an interface (hopefully one with stereo line-in inputs like a Mackie U420) or sound card (M Audio Delta 44) for better sound quality and recording (less latency/delays).
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by Fiddlin Man
no i hav a POD 2.0 and it doesnt hav a usb port

Quote by Fast_Fingers
Sure. If it has a USB cable (XT, X3 I think have them as well as the live versions), just plug that in. If not, use the outputs and plug that into the line in. You may want to get an interface (hopefully one with stereo line-in inputs like a Mackie U420) or sound card (M Audio Delta 44) for better sound quality and recording (less latency/delays).

Read. The outputs are shown here in the third photo.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
ok, so i got my guitar hooked up to my computer through my POD 2.0. using the line in jack, but does anybody know if you hav to buy MIDI cables to hook it up to where Guitar Pro will reconize it so you can record on Guitar Pro?
MIDI isnt audio, its data, Tweaks Guide (linked in my sig) has a lot of info on that.
anyways if you need a MIDI interface of some kind to start with recording and reading MIDI data. The E-MU 1x1 is a product I use and it works very well, only $30 as well.

If you want to hook your guitar up into a MIDI signal you will need a MIDI pickup which are high in price...