Page 1 of 2
Political Thread.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I actually found this kinda funny. The man who's user title says *tinfoil hat* is referring someone to a structured and organized thread about politics.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Sendrith
I actually found this kinda funny. The man who's user title says *tinfoil hat* is referring someone to a structured and organized thread about politics.

And?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by edwardthegreat5
And?

...tinfoil hat means you don't trust the government? politics and soforth...

|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by af_the_fragile
Only to shift it to Iran!!

No, he's paying more attention to Afganistahn and Pakistan in an effort to bring Al Qaeda to justice.
Quote by Sendrith
...tinfoil hat means you don't trust the government? politics and soforth...

And?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
He flies all over the place like a real politician. Man he isn't sticking to his words either.

HOLY **** I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING AT ALL!
Methinks it's bull****.

She dreams in color, she dreams in red.

Quote by josh999x
A guy put a dildo on his head and shouted look i'm a unicorn.

Quote by sg255
Patrick was so slang, but Squidward was a boob waffle.
Quote by DayTripper1967
anyone with an iq higher than their shoesize would end the US role in iraq.

are you sure about that
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by lateraluspiral
are you sure about that

Yeah, as soon as the Iraq army is trained properly. Staying in Iraq any longer than that, or atleast having 220,000+ troops there isnt.
The thing that gets me about this is that people say it as though he's going to be withdrawing from the middle-east altogether, when more focus will be put into Afghanistan and keeping peace in other countries.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Iraq will turn into a cesspool. He is banking on having other regional powers intervene should there be a problem, but the only capable one, Turkey, will only get involved to protect Turkish interests. They see Iraq as an American problem, and will not 'play janitor'

its too late for me to come up with anything intelligent,
My Gear:
MIM Jazz fretless
180W Ashdown 12"
GAS:
NOTHING
Quote by dann_blood
Yeah, as soon as the Iraq army is trained properly. Staying in Iraq any longer than that, or atleast having 220,000+ troops there isnt.
The thing that gets me about this is that people say it as though he's going to be withdrawing from the middle-east altogether, when more focus will be put into Afghanistan and keeping peace in other countries.

That's it.

He's committing more (if elected) to Afganistahn and Pakistan (new shelter for Al Qaeda). Iraq he says is pointless. The government, military and police of Iraq are now ready to take over their own country and are calling for US departure. To Obama this is an opportunity to withdraw from a country they never should have invaded in the first place.

I strongly suggest that people read his speech which can be found at the link in post one. Especially if you're going to pass criticism or praise.
Obama also vows that all immigrants shouldn't worry about learning English, and that Americans should all learn Spanish... Fucking ass.
I really don't think he "vowed" those things. But if you have some credible link?
Hence his need to be elected.

Quote by GHUALL
Obama also vows that all immigrants shouldn't worry about learning English, and that Americans should all learn Spanish... Fucking ass.

And this is wrong, why?
Because it makes complete sense that everyone should speak English when the majority of the world doesn't?
Or because it makes sense that America's national language should be English when we were founded by an Italian who was funded by the Spanish?
There's nothing wrong with learning a second language, one can then communicate with various cultures and learn new ideas and pass them on.
Maybe you should stop being so ridiculously closed minded and use some logic rather than come across as some snobby American hick.
Last edited by xcynicx at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by GHUALL

Yeeehaw get dem guns out we has got sum lynchin to do!

Do you realize that the United States doesn't have a national language?
Quote by Pernell
Ending the US role in Iraq now or in the near future is completely unresponsible. The iraqi security forces cant handle ****.

How correct you are sir.

Though recently the Iraqi government has been calling for a US departure. It's military and police forces are now capable of handling the Iraqi people. This is the "opportunity" Obama has been speaking about.
Quote by bassboy 999
How correct you are sir.

Though recently the Iraqi government has been calling for a US departure. It's military and police forces are now capable of handling the Iraqi people. This is the "opportunity" Obama has been speaking about.

That's the thing, the security forces may not be able to handle it, but if they want to try then by all means let them. It's their country, the coalition forces should be following their orders.
I'd also like to point out that even if the Iraqi security forces couldn't handle the current levels of violence then they could still possibly handle what happens after the coalition forces leave. After Britain pulled it's forces from Basra violence dropped 90%. If this happened throughout the rest of Iraq then there's a good chance that the Iraqis could handle it.
Quote by blynd_snyper
That's the thing, the security forces may not be able to handle it, but if they want to try then by all means let them. It's their country, the coalition forces should be following their orders.
I'd also like to point out that even if the Iraqi security forces couldn't handle the current levels of violence then they could still possibly handle what happens after the coalition forces leave. After Britain pulled it's forces from Basra violence dropped 90%. If this happened throughout the rest of Iraq then there's a good chance that the Iraqis could handle it.

+2 That's damn right. You know what you're talking about.
I think that the main problem is that people don't fully understand the withdrawal strategy.
Obama plans to withdraw a certain amount of troops, say, 20,000 at a time. This continues, and if the violence increases and it all goes pear-shaped the troops go back in.
If it goes the way he wants it to, then he's going to redirect forces to Afghanistan and the north-western Pakistan mountain regions to fight the war on terror Bush wanted to do, but failed.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by GHUALL

My grandparents spoke German in the home and did so til the Second World War, when there was a harsh anti-Nazi sentiment in the US (I'm not sure if there was ever a "lenient" anti-Nazi sentiment, but I digress). Unless you're full-blooded Native American you have absolutely no right to talk about immigrants that way unless you feel like taking a figurative **** on the gravestones of your forefathers.

How bout this:

since the only two issues you rednecks seem to give two ****s about are gun control and Mexicans, why don't you all just go stand around on the Rio Grande with all yer guns and keep the Mexicans from stealing our jobs?
About f*cking time. McCain said "if it takes a 100 years so be it" or something along those lines about the Iraq war, now who wants that?
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by xcynicx
Hence his need to be elected.

And this is wrong, why?
Because it makes complete sense that everyone should speak English when the majority of the world doesn't?
Or because it makes sense that America's national language should be English when we were founded by an Italian who was funded by the Spanish?
There's nothing wrong with learning a second language, one can then communicate with various cultures and learn new ideas and pass them on.
Maybe you should stop being so ridiculously closed minded and use some logic rather than come across as some snobby American hick.

Lol wut? Since when was America founded by an Italian?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter
Lol wut? Since when was America founded by an Italian?

When the guy who discovered America found it
Quote by Vornik
Quote by dann_blood
When the guy who discovered America found it

There's a difference between finding and founding is there not? Columbus just went there, said 'Ahoy chaps' and then buggered off. America wasn't founded until the FOUNDING Fathers went over.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by Ed Hunter
There's a difference between finding and founding is there not? Columbus just went there, said 'Ahoy chaps' and then buggered off. America wasn't founded until the FOUNDING Fathers went over.

And they wouldn't have been there if it weren't for Columbus, right?
Quote by Vornik
Quote by dann_blood
And they wouldn't have been there if it weren't for Columbus, right?

Probably not, he still didn't set up the country though.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by Ed Hunter
Probably not, he still didn't set up the country though.

But had he not discovered it it wouldn't have been founded by the founding fathers.
Quote by Vornik
Quote by dann_blood
But had he not discovered it it wouldn't have been founded by the founding fathers.

And? I fail to see your point.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by Ed Hunter
And? I fail to see your point.

A Spanish funded Italian found the country, but so many claim that English should be the national language. The point that guy was making was that America wasn't discovered by an Englishman, so why should the national language be English? Because it's easier for all the lazy fucks who can't be bothered learning a bit of another language?
Quote by Vornik
Quote by dann_blood
A Spanish funded Italian found the country, but so many claim that English should be the national language. The point that guy was making was that America wasn't discovered by an Englishman, so why should the national language be English? Because it's easier for all the lazy fucks who can't be bothered learning a bit of another language?

The national language should be English because it is and has been for hundreds of years. It was the national language to begin with because the majority of people living there (excluding the natives) were of English speaking origin. I'm not against learning another language, I'm all for it but I don't deem it necessary to change an entire country's language just because the country happened to have been discovered by a Spaniard.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by Ed Hunter
The national language should be English because it is and has been for hundreds of years. It was the national language to begin with because the majority of people living there (excluding the natives) were of English speaking origin. I'm not against learning another language, I'm all for it but I don't deem it necessary to change an entire country's language just because the country happened to have been discovered by a Spaniard.

I'm not saying change your language, but at least be a bit more tolerant towards other countries languages. I realise you probably are, but there are others that aren't, and it just stops the integration of one group of people into another and causes tension and racial hatred.
Quote by Vornik
Page 1 of 2