Hey UG. At the end of this year i'm taking a trip overseas to USA and im going to buy a guitar while im there. Basically i have about a $2000US budget willing to go more if its worth it and i play Blues, Classic Rock, some Metal and some alternative modern rock. Band references would be Muse, ACDC, Led Zepp, Eric Clapton, Radiohead, Metallica etc. I already have a Deluxe Tele that i love and a Maton Mastersound which i love but well.. It's good but not excellent. I'm more of a lead player if that helps.. I've been looking at perhaps a heritage LP style guitar, a G&L strat or a Fender Strat maybe even some sort of Ibanez since i dont really have a good soloing guitar or maybe a hollow body guitar? Really uncertain. So if you guys could help out please do:-). Thanks..

Oh they will be played on a Metroamp 67 plexi, Fender Twin and Probably some sort Soldano-esque amp when i can be bothered to build it.
Go PRS.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
Go PRS.

+1
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
TBH if i was going to go LP style I'd probably go with a Heritage. Whats the PRS Mira like? And Is the Ibanez JEM versatile at all or is it just SHRED?
I'll 3rd the PRS.
Quote by Deep*Kick
why do you need to have ur amp flat bickie in your house if you are just practicing is what i'm wondering? Of course it's bad for every1's hearing

Rig:
Ibanez Xiphos7 w/ Blackouts -or- ESPh307->MXR ZW-44-> Peavey 6505+

7/ERG Legion
consider getting a custom guitar from Carvin or some other reputable luthier
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Well I haven't tried the mira but it has a full mahogany body and a mahogany neck with uncovered sc245 pickups so I assume it'll be kinda like the PRS sg or something. Theres a new one with a maple top though so thats prob got more high end. Looks amazing too
i would say prs andif you are going to get a prs, i would suggest a custom 22 or 24
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Definately a PRS. I have one, it's the most amazing guitar in the world.
Ok so PRS seems pretty popular. For what styles do you recommend them for?
Music Man, Carvin, Parker, or Godin.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
since ur going to america, i would suggest you look for used gibson les paul standard or classic, and deffnitely look into prs custom 22 or 24,
You could afford a G&L or Fender Strat AND a Les Paul. Not sure about Heritage and G&L, but you could get a used American Strat and used Epi Elitist Les Paul.
Can anybody tell me how much Heritage 157's go for? I cant seem to find a price:-(. And how much can you get a PRS CE24 for?
no no no no you have to check out either PRS/LTD or Schecter
Quote by syyz1
I'm on my period, wearing no sort of protection, naked on a white chair

Quote by *Juno*
I put my balls inside the sound hole and strummed myself to ectasy

Quote by °☻°
I like it hairy, that way i can play welcome to the jungle while i have sex!
PRS or Les Paul Classic
My gear:
-No Brand Classical Guitar
-Squier Stratocaster Affinity Series
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Boss GT-8
-Boss DS-1
-Roland Cube 60

FREE TACOS!!!
Quote by Doodleface
Go PRS.

with 2k$ i would look for something like this:
prs
Les paul with that kind of music.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

remember to save some cash for import duty when you take it back home, unless your $2000 has already accounted for that.

don't know what it costs to import a guitar into oz but here in the UK it costs about 21% of what you paid for it.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Bring a banged up case with you. Mail the paperworks home, and tell customs it's your sweet ol' travel guitar
Quote by Sereth
with 2k$ i would look for something like this:
prs

The serial he put in his description doesn't match the one in the picture
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus