Poll: Who Buys Your Guitar(s)?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who Buys Your Guitar(s)?
I always pay
116 49%
They always pay
16 7%
We both pay
53 23%
I pay sometimes, they pay sometimes
50 21%
Voters: 235.
Page 1 of 2
So... who buys your guitars? You or your parents/grandparents/friends/slave/etc.? Or do you pay half and someone else pays the rest?

I'm like the only kid I know who has to buy his own guitars. I saved up $600 for my first acoustic. Now I'm saving up $1200 for my future electric guitar and amp.

But personally, I think buying stuff with your own money is the best. Its much more satisfying in the end. Knowing you saved up so much just for that one thing means your committed. Getting someone to buy for you is sort of cheating.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Me and my mom.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
my parents, cause of my birthday and/or christmas. i saved up for half of my strat though.
i've bought all of my guitars and gear by myself, well over $2000, the only thing my parents ever got me was an acoustic one christmas. to be fair, i save my money and have had a job for a while.
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
My dad paid for 200 bucks of my Jackson for my birthday, I paid the other 550$. I paid for for pretty much all the rest of my gear.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
my parents buy most of my stuff for me for birthday or christmas gifts otherwise i have to work for it
WELLLLLL. it depends, im not sixteen yet (few months) so where i am i cant get a job. i had a job for a while, under the table of course, and when i had that i bought my own stuff. but i'd much rather ***** my stuff off of others, not literally. its much more pleasing if you ask me. its like "holy ****, i just got all of this and didnt pay anything!"

maybe im just a bad person.
i found my guitar and fixed it up with a soldering gun, sand paper, and wood stainer.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
I bought my mustang which was $1,850 and bought my used Fender M-80 Chorus amp for $125
(not trying to brag or anything)
Member #17 of the RHCP & John Frusciante UG fanclub

Member #52 of the Fender Armada
i have to buy my own gear
UG Radio

Quote by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Thine Behold one rollin?
Quote by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Lo, and the other lads be hating,
gallyvanting around,
attempting to catch me cycling in an unsavory fashion.

XBL: Panzyz

PSN: Dasan104
<-----
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
i pay for all my stuff im only a freshman i have spent like 2500 dollars on stuff
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
I pay for most of it.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by Leadhead3225
i pay for all my stuff im only a freshman i have spent like 2500 dollars on stuff

How have you made 2500 dollars at the age of 14?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I've bought all of my gear except my current SG, which was given to me as an unsolicited gift.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by misfitsramones
im 16 and i work 40 hours a week to pay for my gear...

Whoa! Good for you man. Really! I only work 20 hours a week and I'm 16.

That's really good.
There is no way my parents would buy 5 instruments for me.
Part time jobs ftw!
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Got the first one from my dad. That was my one and only freebie.
Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to.
My parents payed half for my crappy first guitar, and half for my $1100 acoustic, after that I'm on my own though
I get stuff for Christmas but other than that I pay for everything...Many times I get my mom or dad to loan me money then I pay it back as quickly as possibly....I need to pay my mom back for my bass and start saving for my amp.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I've paid 100% for every piece of gear I've ever had...

I've spent well over $5000 in the last 3 years, and still spending...

Great satisfaction comes when i wake up every morning and look across the room to see all my money in purposeful form
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by Habit Zero
My parents payed half for my crappy first guitar, and half for my $1100 acoustic, after that I'm on my own though

Whoa a $1100 acoustic? Nice! I would be so happy if my parents payed even an eighth of all that.
Me.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Myself.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I've bought every single one after the very First one which I got for school, a Squier bass. But everyone since then I've saved my $ for and bought it all on my own.
Quote by darklite41
i have to buy my own gear

Same here...
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
I agree with TS. Except my first two guitars. They were gifts. Everything else (bass, amp, 2 other guitars) and everything in the future comes from my pockets.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
So far my grandparents have bought me everything for Christmas or Birthday gifts since I don't have a job and can't get one yet, but as soon as I'm working I'll buy my own.

Anyone else feel bad about people buying them things? I mean, I like the stuff and I'm thankful, but sometimes I just wonder, "WTF did I do to deserve this?" They pay for my food, clothes, shelter and everything and I do nothing, yet they still drop that much money on me.

I hope I get to pay them back someday, somehow.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
My first guitar/amp was from a christmas gift to my bro,which he pretty much gave up so I started using it.Since then:
Pedal,christmas gift
Guitar,I mostly paid for and have to pay some back
Guitar case,I paid for.
A mate of mine has $2500 worth of stuff that his parents all paid for.
Another friend works for his mum and she pays him $900 to run up the door and drop the package (NOT DRUGS!,MAKE UP!).
My slaves.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
my parents paid for my strat and part of the jaguar.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Page 1 of 2