i made a thread about trying to pair up my Bugera 333XL with the right Hotplate but realised i didnt give any helpful info on what im dealing with.
the Manual for the Bugera says:
Internal Loudspeakers(Ohms 8)
Total Impedance 16(Series Connection)

i cant figure out if i need the 16 Ohms hotplate or the 8, i already have an 8 version.
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Les Paul Standard 60s Neck
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
Get a weber and save some bucks, they have a switch to choose between 4 8 and 16 ohms.

If your speakers are both 8 ohms a piece and wired in series that make a 16 ohm load.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
you need the 8 ohm plate with 1 speaker. 16 ohms is just the load it puts out when you use a stereo cabinet or 2 cabinets (or speakers) .
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jul 15, 2008,
thanks
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
you sure? lol i'll take your word for it, but just incase? ya sure??? the Hotplate says "UsE me Use me! the amp says "Good God you are Massivly Purple.
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
I've had my weber for a while now and it's served me well. Its a 50 watt so it's only designed to be used with amps that are up to 30 watts. I've ran a 40 watt tube full blast through it for extended periods of time and it only caused the epoxy gluing down resistors to start smelling from excessive heat. It doesn't suck tone unless you're heavily attenuating with it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
you need the 8 ohm plate with 1 speaker. 16 ohms is just the load it puts out when you use a stereo cabinet or 2 cabinets (or speakers) .

8 ohm hotplate for one speaker? well not sure if there is a 1x12 version of the 333XL but mine is a 2x12, sorry i didnt mention that before.
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
you need the 16ohm hotplate, your total speaker load is what counts, and that is 16ohm if there are 2x 8ohm speakers in series.

that, or like said, get the Weber unit.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
120watts, is the 150watt weber enough? it says there is a 200watt version coming soon
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
Quote by WolfBlackRiver
120watts, is the 150watt weber enough? it says there is a 200watt version coming soon

unless you are using cranking your 120W into powertube saturation, you should be ok with the 150W Weber. I have the Mass150, and it's held up fine with my 120W amp. On the other hand, if powertube saturation is what you're going for in a 120W tube amp, definitely get the 200W version.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids