Until I can get into a GC and try it out, I am just going by sound clips. Would a clean boost smooth out my gain channel on my F-50 without adding too much gain to my clean channel? It would be an "on all the time" pedal for me, not to boost for solos or anything. I know I am still searching for MY tone and I am oh so close with the Mesa alone, but I would just like UG's input.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
You might want to try an overdrive set on a low gain setting. I find clean boosts a bit too transparent for my tastes and frankly, I like how some overdrives colour my tone. It might be your missing link.
I'm not really sure what you mean by smooth out either, but I think what you're getting at would require an OD.

When I tried the Boosta Grande, it was great for getting a little more gain out of the amp, but I agree, it is very transparent sounding and does little to nothing to your current sound.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ah yea, well I have a LOT of mids on my gain channel and i love how it sounds, but sometimes you know how the mids or treble can make it kinda harsh sounding? I jjust want to tame them without lowering the mids. (treble is currently at 0. sounds crazy, but the mids make up for it. i like it)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
^ I honestly don't know how your tone is even close to good with the Treble set at 0, but tone is subjective to our opinion. IMO your amp probably sounds harsh becasue you have the mids up to high and the treble cut all the way out, if you add a little treble back in and roll back the mids a little (depending on where they are set) you will get the top end sparkle and presonce that i think you are looking for without the harshness. On every amp I have ever owned, the more mids you add the more your tone will cut through the mix, but without the highs in the mix somewhat I think I would have trouble hearing my self, especaully when playing leads.
Yea, I figured someone would say that about my tone, lol. but I like it: Treb 0, Mids bout 3 o'clock Bass 2 o'clock. Its got great low end crunch. But maybe I should add some treble back in....hmmm
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals