So i'm trying to figure out my sweeping and its strange because on my practise amp at home it sounds clean/fluent. Now when i get on my Peavey 6505+ it complelty sounds different. I know it has to do with my technique as well as my settings on my amp. Any ideas on what i should do to my settings on my amp? Like lots of mid or more high or...? thanks!!
Gear:
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 BLK w/ EMG 81/60
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
on my practice amp, i have high and low all the way up and a little over halfway on the mid and sweeps sound pretty good. i don't know about a bigger amp though...
^^^ what he said will deff help also when you sweep make sure your not moving your whole arm but just your wrist, and try to mute the strings that have already been played with your palm one of my friends just helped me with this same problem and its a pain to get down =\
its at my bassists. off the top of my head it goes as follows.

Pre- 6-7
Low-7
Mid-2-3
High-7-8
Post- play shows at aorund 4-5. jam sessions at aorund 2-3

if i use the neck pickup it osunds terirble. i swithc to either both. if i use bridge pickup it sounds too bassy.???
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
palm eh? damn!! i'll keep that in mind. also im using a Boss GE-7. thinkign of tossing it. some ppl say it make smy amp sound to "digital". in that case i'll start using my OD-808. bu tthen i'll have to figure settings for that out.. ~ sigh~
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
like you listen to Protest and Fall In Archaea and there sweeps sound soo good that its like its a keyboard. whaaa???
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
The guys from protest dont sweep all that much. Alot of what sounds like sweeping is economy picking, occaisionally tapping, but when they do sweep, its a product of practice, and nice gear. The lead guitarist plays a vht, and an S prestige, very much shred gear.

Otherwise, id take the advice from ug. Just make sure that your sweeps are even, thats one of the biggest aids in sounding even.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
When I tried a 5150 I remember it having TONS of Mids.. I dont know if the 6105 is probably similar.. but yeah definantly dont go for the Crunch Channel if I was you..
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
Its because practice amps hide your mistakes rather well, while an amp such as the 5150 is extremely articulate.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412