I restrung my bass for the first time with Hybrid Slinkies 105-45, up from the 100-40 that came with my bass. Now i know that if i take a large jump up in the gauge of my string ill have to adjust the action. I have no fret buzz or anyother problems at the moment, but should i adjust the action?

And to adjust the action, I adjust the screws on the bridge correct?
it shouldnt be a problem if theres no buzz.

if they start going out of tune easily tho, then you might want to change the tension, which would probably cause you to change the action. but going to a bigger guage that probably wont be a problem
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Action adjustment is adjusting the truss rod and "the screws on the bridge." The higher the gauge the tighter your strings will be to reach the tuning. So the new strings are pulling a little harder. Try to look along the neck from the body to the head, and see how curved the neck is. Most likley it isn't bad. So you should tighten the truss rod just a little. A little goes a long way. Then check the neck again repeat if necessary etc etc. The neck shouldn't be perfectly straight either. Eventually you will get buzz if you go too far, but you may have really good action. It honestly come down to your threshold of pain between action and buzz.
just mess with the intonation.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
just mess with the intonation.

Not a good idea if you don't know what you're doing.

It doesn't sound like you made a huge jump in gauge, so you should be OK if you just look for a few things.

Like one of the first responses, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. It's not really a great rule of thumb to go by, but it's better than needless adjusting to cure absolutely nothing.

If you find that your action might be a little too high for your taste, you can make adjustments at the saddles, by adjusting the height screws.

It's a whole different story if your intonation is off.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
^Intonation is | | this close to being impossible to screw up. Other than loosening the string when moving the screw back it is impossible.

You don't have to do anything if you don't want. The difference in gauge won't do hardly anything at all it was so small.
hmm. I find intonation shifts extremely easy, just time consuming, because it takes forever to get it right.

and different size strings can change intonation that little bit.

but you don't have to do it if you don't want.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom