I'm really considering buy a Jackson V either a Randy Rhoads or King V and was wondering if it was worth the extra money to get the model with a floyd rose. I've heard that floyd rose's are a pain in the ass. Suggestions would be appretiated.
Depends on what sort of music you play, how often you change tunings and strings etc
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
hmmm they r a pain in the ass dude. i no cuz i have one. gotz an RR model. but its well worth it after a while.
as long as you have another guitar for drop tunings/different tunings they arent so bad, but do you have a good amp? (seems unrelated but that money could be put to better use)
once you get use to tuning and your not a lazy bum, its well worth it.
a BIG pain. only get it if you **** with the whammy a lot or if you have another good guitar.
definately don't get a floyd rose

1) if you change tunings...it's a bitch...

2) if you break a string...which will happen!...it's a ****ing chore and a half to change them out

i have a jackson warrior. great guitar. but you know where it's at? in my closest collecting dust because of the floyd rose.
the arsonist had oddly shaped feet...
If you change tunings a lot, it takes a bit to get the tuning right because as soon as you drop the low string, all the other strings then are out of tune,, you get it done quicker once you have done it a few times,, but it still takes a while each time.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
they are not a pain at all you just have to be smarter than the guitar like alot of prople who use them arent definently get one
Quote by syyz1
I'm on my period, wearing no sort of protection, naked on a white chair

Quote by *Juno*
I put my balls inside the sound hole and strummed myself to ectasy

Quote by °☻°
I like it hairy, that way i can play welcome to the jungle while i have sex!
oh and since i bought mine my strings break before i have to retune them definent plus thats how long it stays tuned
Quote by syyz1
I'm on my period, wearing no sort of protection, naked on a white chair

Quote by *Juno*
I put my balls inside the sound hole and strummed myself to ectasy

Quote by °☻°
I like it hairy, that way i can play welcome to the jungle while i have sex!
Floyd Rose's are easy to maintain once you know how to maintain them. I've had mine on my Jackson RR set up once professionally and I've been able to take care of it since with no problems.
I hope I wasn't misunderstood, I have a Floating bridge (Floyd Rose) on my guitar and have no problems with it. Stays in tune and hasn't broken a string.

I don't however, change the tuning of the guitar on a regular basis, I find changing it from and to a dropped tuning painfull.

I know of other floating bridges that have more problems, including not holding tune, and breaking strings. I wouldn't buy a guitar with a floating bridge that I know I will change tunings on a regular basis.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
It all depends on what you want man. Some people use floyds alot with there playing and some don't. Just figure out exactly what you're going to be using it for. When you change tunings you'll have to mess with it, but it's really simple once you learn to use it. Everybody saying there a pain probably just dosn't know what they're doing, if they did then they wouldn't be complaining so much.

If you have a descent guitar now that dosn't have a trem, then I'd go with the floyd on whatever guitar you choose. This way you can use the other guitar for drop tunings and keep the Jackson in the same tuning. If you don't have another descent guitar, then you just need to figure out if you're going to need the floyd or not..

If I were you, and didn't have a descent guitar, I'd get something without a floyd and then just save and get another guitar with one.. but that's just me.
If you are dedicated to restring, get one.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

If you know what you are doing, a good Floyd Rose really isn't all that hard. The good ones are a lot less maintenance than a low quality fixed bridge guitar or low quality non-floating tremolo. The thing is, you can't get away with taking shortcuts like you can with a fixed bridge. You can skip string stretching on a fixed bridge with a lot less repercussion than a floating bridge, but if you are doing it right in the first place (which saves time in the long run), then they take just about as long to maintain.

If you change tunings a lot, that could be a problem. If you change tunings a lot though, even with a fixed bridge, it is a lot simpler to just have a second guitar anyways.
If you want to do dive bomb like there's no tomorrow. Go Floyd. If you change tuning often and only want to do standard whammy stuffs. Floyd will be a pain in the butt to have. I would prefer a non-locking type like Wilkinson trem or something.. But that will require modding.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

tbh... changing strings isnt much of a job at all idk what you guys are doing maybe you're not blocking the trem beforehand but i've never had a problem changing strings with a floyd rose. It is, however, a bitch to change tunings. Get the one w/o the floyd in your case
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
ya changing strings isnt that bad, i loved my brothers 81 strat with a floyd rose, if you change tunings alot i wouldnt get one,. its not hard to change strings , it just might take you like 3 minutes longer, and you have to keep an allen wrench with you.
MY GEAR

1967 gibson sg special (p-90's)

Crate Blue Voodoo 0212 2x12
Quote by crazydiamondII

hendrix was good but he did nothing to change popular music's path.
I love mine, its a double locking esp one not the original. Never broke a string with it. O and stackedxactors just a stubborn *****
Actually, fixing one broken string is pretty easy on a floyd. If it breaks at the bridge, you can just break off the broken part off the same string, loosen the slack a little bit and reinsert it into the bridge. You wont have have to go grab a new string from your case in the middle of a gig if it breaks.
Quote by mikey son
if u do get one check out this vid it helps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwNVjNohOt4

yeah thats the video i used the first time i was about to restring mine
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
You can skip string stretching on a fixed bridge with a lot less repercussion than a floating bridge, but if you are doing it right in the first place (which saves time in the long run), then they take just about as long to maintain.

On a side note, freezing the new set of strings in the freezer before stringing them up works for stretching them out. Always works for me.