Hey everybody, I'm a beginner looking for some suggestions/advice.

I'm looking for a practice amp that preferably isn't more than 15 watts, since I'm only playing at home and our house is pretty small. I received an Orange 10 watt amp as a gift a month ago, but I need an amp that will allow me to jam with music late at night, so I don't wake everyone up.

I play metal and hard rock. Suggestions?
get any amp with a headphone jack and buy headphones and you can jam as loud as you want
peavey rage w/ tube drive
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
line 6 spider 3 it has an input jack for head phones
i use mine at night all the time
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
Yeah, I was mainly looking at the Roland Cube 15 X and the Line 6 Spider III 15 watt amp.

I'm trying not to spend more than 150 bucks, considering that I need to use most of my money for stuff like school.
Last edited by Brownie2 at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by violencekid9
line 6 spider 3 it has an input jack for head phones
i use mine at night all the time

+1

I have a Spider III 15w and it's very good. Earphone output, MP3 player input, it has some good effects too like distortion, gain, reverb, tape echo, sweep echo, chorus, flanger which results in lots of differant sounds. It also has 4 settings of distortion (which are modeled on famous amps) Clean, Crunch, Metal and Insane.
And it's well built to withstand some abuse.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Line 6 Spider III 15Watt is perfect for what you are looking for. Pretty cheap too.
Too much equipment to write down...
*moved*
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
i would go for the cube. Have one already, and if it was stolen/lost, i would get a new one.