I needs some help. I'm sick of my stock single coils in my strat, so the oppurtunity has arisen to get a deel on some lace sensors.
Now, i want Fat tones, but yet something that i can still get a good single coil tone out. Something that wont be low ass output too. Not neccecarily high output, but definitely not uber low. my choices are between Blue, Red, Gold, Silver. I'm looking for a wide variety of tones. Something that wont be too horrible for SRV tones, yet, knopfler type tones (i dont play his music, but like the tone) Malmsteen, john mayer, skynyrd, pearl jam, and EJ tones. So, not exactly heavy, but not exactly soft. I swear ill rape you if you suggest the underwound ones!

Thanks in advance
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
You could route out a humbucker, then coil tap it?

Edit: Nevermind, that was stupid. I didnt even read you wanted lace sensors, even though it was the title hahah.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
why don't you go tryout the guitars with the pickups you want, maybe get underwound pups if you don't have guitar center
Epiphone G-400!!!!!!!!

Washburn Bass!!!

Cordovox tube amp

Crate bass amp!!!

Kustom PA
Quote by chrismasinjuly
lace pickups suck dude.... get some seymour ducan vintage stags or gfs rails.. anything but lace..

Lace>gfs
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
oh i forgot to mention why not try the malmsteen pikcup set? the hs-3 stack in the bridge and the yjm in the neck and mids. from what ive heard and when ive played them they sound amazing imo.
i had a red in my bridge and it shounded like ****.... ive never played on the silvers ill have to try em out some time. also how do the silvers sound clean and when under distortion?
Oh boy.
I dont really have any specific reason why i want lace senors, other than to experience something new. I might decide to just go with some passive dimarzio singles, but i want some more opinions on lace sensors, or any other type of singles. Perhaps an EMG singles set? I'm not going to really be able to try any of these pickups out, as GC carries no guitars with EMG singles, OR lace sensors.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by chrismasinjuly
oh i forgot to mention why not try the malmsteen pikcup set? the hs-3 stack in the bridge and the yjm in the neck and mids. from what ive heard and when ive played them they sound amazing imo.

+10000000000

great pickups!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
I like the gold and silver ones personally blue isn't bad either
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Jul 16, 2008,
ive never been a fan of lace sensors.
although ive never personally played them, but buddy guy and clapton both have used them at one point, (buddy may still use them) and i just despise the tone they had with them. luckily, buddys last album featured some of his older guitars along with a tele custom.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
If Lace golds are too mild for you, try the silvers.
The blues are real fat and hot, but they may be too hot for you.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
why hasn't anybody mentioned fender texas specials? if you want the SRV/Knopfler sound then look no further.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Silver all the way.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by WolfBlackRiver
ever tried the Samarium Cobalts?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-SCN-Samarium-Cobalt-Noiseless-Stratocaster-Pickup-Set?sku=301651

decent noiseless pickups, better than any lace's in my opinion.

the standard samarium cobalts are a bit lifeless, but the 'hot' SC's are pretty good.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
Silver all the way.

sounds like people like silvers!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I really dislike the Lace Sensors in my strat. If you touch the tone knob and put it anywhere below 10 on the neck it gets too muddy, and i have to keep the tone on the mid/bridge at a little above 2 on the knob to keep it from being unbearable.

I thought it might have been my amp that had the really shrill high end, but it sounds fantastic with my hollowbody (and get that, the hollowbody can be had for much less than the strat).

I'm buying a pair of Lollar Blackfaces as soon as the oppurtunity arises.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
I really dislike the Lace Sensors in my strat. If you touch the tone knob and put it anywhere below 10 on the neck it gets too muddy, and i have to keep the tone on the mid/bridge at a little above 2 on the knob to keep it from being unbearable.

I thought it might have been my amp that had the really shrill high end, but it sounds fantastic with my hollowbody (and get that, the hollowbody can be had for much less than the strat).

I'm buying a pair of Lollar Blackfaces as soon as the oppurtunity arises.

I would expect the hollowbody wouldn't have the shrill high end. I assume you're talking about the JTM, yes?

What kind of laces did you have in?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by igotabcrich32

You realize that your tone caps and pots themselves might very well be responsible? Just a thought.
Quote by kool98769
I would expect the hollowbody wouldn't have the shrill high end. I assume you're talking about the JTM, yes?

What kind of laces did you have in?

Yeah, the JTM. And its not just the Hollowbody, i played an MIM strat with Tex Mex pups that sounded great through the amp.

and it has the Blue/Silver/Red setup if i'm not mistaken.

Quote by the.spine.surfs
You realize that your tone caps and pots themselves might very well be responsible? Just a thought.

I've thought about that before, its no new idea to me. And i very well could be wrong, but i'm really inclined to think that the caps/pots wouldnt make this much of a drastic difference than pickups. Not saying they couldnt, i'm just thinking its a pup issue, and this isnt the first time i'm hearing of them sounding this way.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last edited by igotabcrich32 at Jul 17, 2008,
Lace Sensor Golds+ Eric Clapton Mid boost!

That will do it for you!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Lace Sensor Golds+ Eric Clapton Mid boost!

That will do it for you!

No mid boosts for me! lol
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by chrismasinjuly
yes someone who agrees thank you.

They're good pickups, but they're not that great.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
I needs some help. I'm sick of my stock single coils in my strat, so the oppurtunity has arisen to get a deel on some lace sensors.
Now, i want Fat tones, but yet something that i can still get a good single coil tone out. Something that wont be low ass output too. Not neccecarily high output, but definitely not uber low. my choices are between Blue, Red, Gold, Silver. I'm looking for a wide variety of tones. Something that wont be too horrible for SRV tones, yet, knopfler type tones (i dont play his music, but like the tone) Malmsteen, john mayer, skynyrd, pearl jam, and EJ tones. So, not exactly heavy, but not exactly soft. I swear ill rape you if you suggest the underwound ones!

Thanks in advance

Let me tell you man, the gold sensors are great. They were in my 93 deluxe plus for 10 years. very versitle sound. They were in the clapton and buddy guy models for years. I replaced mine with texas specials because I play mainly blues, but no complaints on the sensors.