Page 1 of 3
I JUST GOT HIT BY ****ING LIGHTENING.
and it sounds like one of those stories that people tell and lie about but im dead ass serious.

so the story is.. me and my friend went up to this place called the Pinnacle, its this HUGE cliff overlooking kamloops. and im just going to go into detail so you can maybe feel my story cause im so stunned.. but it was a little stormy, lightly raining, with lightening and the odd thunderclap, and the sun was setting, and there was a rainbow plus the moon was out at the same time. it was one of the prettiest things ive ever seen,

and so we went out onto this little ledge (not even thinking that we were obviously the highest thing around) to look for this car that he pushed off a while back. and he was holding onto me incase i got scared as i leaned over... and there was a big lightening strike down off the cliff where the car was, then there was a little one on the top of my head. it felt like someone taking five little pins and lightly poking them in your skin at the same time... and i heard it too, my friend saw it out of the corner of his eye.. absolutely insane. i think the only reason im not dead is because i had rubber soles on my shoes.

i dont know if anyone will bother to read all that but.. wow.. what an experience is all i can say.
I believe you, and man you are lucky to be alive

Edit: sorry for the man thing, I just realized you are a woman
My gear:
-No Brand Classical Guitar
-Squier Stratocaster Affinity Series
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Boss GT-8
-Boss DS-1
-Roland Cube 60

FREE TACOS!!!
Last edited by juan9122 at Jul 16, 2008,
thats intense.
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Sig this if you think most new popular music sucks.

Me+Rap= Rap
I am amazed, but also, I dont think the rubber soled shoes made a diff
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by daytripper75
possibly you should visit a doctor. just to be safe.

do you think? i feel normal just the top of my head feels kinda strange..
If you get hit by lighting and your head feels strange... go see a doctor... the lightning could make stuff start growing in your head.
Gamertag: KuroNeko117 - ADD ME ^_^

ILikeC OLOURS

Don't drink drive you'll spill your drink
Quote by porker

well yeah, lightning hitting you it could fry any of your internal organs
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by porker

yes. see a doctor. you might feel ok, but that doesnt mean you really are. getting struck by lightning is pretty damn serious.
Quote by porker

yeah man...your lucky ....get yourself checked out ...just to be sure...
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
haha no powers yet:P im just waiting for the paranormal to start happening haha
but yeah, i will see a doctor.. thats probably a good idea thanks
you kinda should have maybe taken a few extra stops between "get struck by lightning" and "tell UG about it"

:/
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
you're very lucky to be alive if what you said is true. you should go to a doctor to make sure you're ok though.
Quote by Its_Rock77
you kinda should have maybe taken a few extra stops between "get struck by lightning" and "tell UG about it"

blasphemy!!! ug must know all before anyone
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"
Quote by Its_Rock77

hahah yeah probably.. but we didnt really think much of it, it was about 5 hours ago and we just went back to his place and chilled

do you think i should see a doctor tonight or would it be okay to wait till tomorrow? its like midnight here...

and i dont know why i felt it on my head?.. but i sure as hell did. if not that the, haha ****, i dont know. maybe i got shat on by a electric bird or something haha
This kinda sums up this whole thread
Attachments:
UG_gravestone.jpg
Quote by Kensai
You're a sick uncompassionate tool who puts the deaths of animals with subaverage cognitive functions above your own kind.

You're perfect for PETA. Just set fire to a house and you're in.
alright... ill go wake someone up..
wouldnt want that tombstone
Quote by sacamano79
I am amazed, but also, I dont think the rubber soled shoes made a diff

It stops the human from becoming a complete circuit with the ground, therefore he had no charge.
Thats BOGUS!
Lighting travels up, why did you feel it on your head?
I love white guitars!
Quote by vicious_fishes
why does a female have a name called "porker" ?

isn't that what the dudes are supposed to do ?

hahah um, funny enough.. i was younger when i made this, and i just thought it was a really cute name hahaha..
Quote by 'Leviathan'
It stops the human from becoming a complete circuit with the ground, therefore he had no charge.

she.. please
and yeah.
Quote by captainjackass
Why would you feel it on your head?

Lighting travels up, not down...

What??
you dont need to see a doctor, the worse thing that could've happen would've been you dying, but since your alive, you're alright
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Your crying like a baby to the pit....You have pretty much ruined it for yourself.
Whos car did he push off the cliff?

Or am I missing the point completely?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I'd just like to say that the rubber soled shoes wouldn't have made a difference. When dealing with low voltages it would but lightning has far too high a voltage, basically, you're fuck lucky to be posting here if you are telling the truth and the lightning did actually strike you, not strike near you.
whew yeah im telling the truth.. i for sure felt it on the top of my head.. thats scary as ****. never doing that again in a storm
and he pushed some junker they found in a forest off
Feeling 'thunderstruck'? (bad pun)
I have not been hit by lightning and don't plan to be,however I was on the back of my deck with my mate watching a storm and a bolt of lightning hit the roof (about 5 metres away).Scared the **** out of me,and I couldn't hear very well for a day or two.
But honestly storms look AWESOME from a cliff.
Quote by porker
i think the only reason im not dead is because i had rubber soles on my shoes.
Lightning just jumped hundreds of metres through the air, the rubber soles did **** all
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
e: ----------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------
B: 4h0--7h0--4h0--7h0--4h0--7h0--4h0--7h0--|5h0--8h0--5h0--8h0-- 5h0--8h0--5h0--8h0-- 
G: ----------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by JC13
edit: I thought even the smallest differences in amount of rubber contributed to resistance? Because I've heard of people surviving because they had been riding their bike or whatever, and their tires saved them, etc.

Nope, current can jump through insulators, and just as frenchy said, if a current has just jumped goodness knows how far through the air (which is a decent insulator) then it would have no problem jumping through an inch of rubber. Once there is enough of a potential difference (voltage) between two objects then the electrons will just jump the gap.
Page 1 of 3