I have been thinking of getting a peavey valveking for a while and i have decided to get a job and save up for one. the only problem is i don't know which one to get. this is a noobish question, but which is better, the 112 or the 212? hopefully someone can answer this. Thanks.
Gear for now:
Ibanez RG370DX
Line 6 Spider III 30
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Quote by rocker138
Quote by frozen_soul
umm stank puss? im not a man of "blackspeak" if someone would care to elaborate lol

Her vajayjay don't smell okaykay
I would think they both sound the same, but the 212 may be louder or more full sounding seeing as it's got 2 speakers.

EDIT: the valveking 212 has 100 watts, the 112 has 50. The vk 212 will probably have a little bit more headroom for cleans, but as far as sound in general goes, they're gonna sound the same.
would it be worth the extra 200 dollars though?
EDITkay so i think i will go for the 112. i know 50W can be as loud as 100W, but it has to go somewhat quieter. thank you.
Gear for now:
Ibanez RG370DX
Line 6 Spider III 30
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Quote by rocker138
Quote by frozen_soul
umm stank puss? im not a man of "blackspeak" if someone would care to elaborate lol

Her vajayjay don't smell okaykay
i would get the 112, 100 watts is a little too loud if you know what i mean. ive never had mine past 2 and i hate it. i would like to get some more distortion out of it but its hard to not being able to crank it and get that natural overdrive. also it would be easier for a speaker change since theres only one.
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
Quote by beadhangingOne
I would think they both sound the same, but the 212 may be louder or more full sounding seeing as it's got 2 speakers.

EDIT: the valveking 212 has 100 watts, the 112 has 50. The vk 212 will probably have a little bit more headroom for cleans, but as far as sound in general goes, they're gonna sound the same.

not to high jack the thread, but are you happy with your XXX, any drawbacks to speak of?
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by sacamano79
not to high jack the thread, but are you happy with your XXX, any drawbacks to speak of?

Yea I think it's great. Cleans are decent, you can buy a chorus pedal if you really are worried about them. I was actually impressed with the crunch channel's classic rock tone, although I don't use it too often. The greatest thing is obviously the ultra channel. This thing gets great metal tones, very reminiscent of Mesas. It's a little bright for metal, but not overwhelming. A couple drawbacks are probably the lower end is not as tight and punchy as I'd like it to be. I think some EQing will fix that, but otherwise it's a great amp for metal.