I love the sound of my GK 4x10, but at a very bulky and awkward 93lbs, i don;t particularly like dragging it back and forth to practice (in two bands who practice in separate locations) so I've been looking to pick up a 2x10 cab that needs to not weigh a ton, handle 225w @ 8 ohms, and handle 400w @ 4ohms (chained with the 4x10 or shows), as well as keeping up with either a pair of 120w guitar combos or a pair of half-stacks, and in both cases, a pair of singers and a drummer that dosen't have a volume knob. Any suggestions, or should i be looking for something else?
Traben Array
2x Tech21 Sansamp RBI Bass preamps
450w Power Amp
2x Gallien-Krueger 410
-
Handmade nylon-string classical guitar
-
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Line 6 Spider 2 250w combo
-
Various Lee Oskar and Honer harmonicas
-
Yamaha YPT-310
SWR Goliath 2.
That's what my friend has and it sounds so good. His handles 300w+

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Anyone makes a 2x10 cab, from Aguilar to GK. It really depends on your budget.

GK 2x10

Here's a matching 2x10. In my opinion, I'd match up a 4x10 with a 1x15, for an added punch to compliment the definition of a 4x10. A 1x15 is also a fine cab for just practice, as most combos start with a 1x15 speaker. I'd suggest looking into both options at a local guitar store, so you can compare for yourself.

What does your budget look like?
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Last edited by graybass_20x6 at Jul 16, 2008,
get a 1x15 to give your rig a nicer tone, it would even out the 4x10 quite nicely
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
wouldn't the GK Neos do this exact thing for you?

and if your only problem with your current amp is weight... why not just move it less frequently, and/or get a friend with multiple arms to help?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!