Isn't it fascinating that the universe is either infinitely large, or there is some kind of barrier where you can't go on any further? if the universe is infinte in it's shape, it's mind boggling to think that if you keep traveling further and further that there will be more and more stars and other things.

Or if the there is a certain barrier that stops you from going further ahead, whats beyond that barrier?
I always had a thought in the back of my head that the universe is a theater and there are a bunch of "Upper Beings" watching your life go by, like a movie.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
duuude i had the same thought the other day. like what if there was a biig circle around the universe as we know it, and there was another civilization living on the outside of it?
Quote by Slaytanic1993
I always had a thought in the back of my head that the universe is a theater and there are a bunch of "Upper Beings" watching your life go by, like a movie.
My fag hag and I refer to this as the Cosmic Audience. We only refer to it when something ironic (usually dramatic irony for you lit nerds, so not the ironic stuff that isn't actually ironic) happens, and we think that if we were outside of the situation it would be funny.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The end of Men in Black must have been revelationary for you

Like a ****ing book O_o
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Boundary or no boundary, in the beginning, it was just the mountain, the trees, and the midget. And now it's an entire universe; whether there is more beyond that universe or not, well, that's yet to be determined ('yet', assuming it ever will be).

All hail the power of his noodly appendages.
-
Last edited by RuledBySecrecy at Jul 16, 2008,
All a bunch of blasphemy, and pointless theory. I'll believe the actual truth, thank you very much. It's called the Bible, and it's indisputable, because it was written by God.

EDIT: *WINK*
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

No eventually once you leave the "boundary" of the Universe there is pitch black emptyness. Eventually temperatures reach 0 Kelvin as you are litterally in the middle of nowhere. Eventually you may see a couple starlike lights which may be other Universes.
This is all if you can travel many times faster than the speed of light...which is impossible...and these are just my theories.
Isn't it also believed that every single atom contains a universe or something?
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
A popular theory among physicists is that if you keep heading straight then you will eventually reach the point you started from. This implies that the universe has no shape, it simply takes up all the space it is given. It's really a mind fuck to think about, but it's damn interesting

And to Cryptorchild, the theories that we currently use and believe imply that you can never reach absolute zero no matter how far from anything you go.
Quote by AlucardZero

Damn that just opened up a whole new thrain of thought...
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

I just finished reading the 'elegant universe' brilliant book about how forces work in the universe and the relationship with particles and forces. Also talked about string theory and its application to everyday things. Its so confusing when thinks are 'infinate'...its impossible to imagine.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Some physicists think the entire spacetime is so curved that it has a sort of spherical shape so if you'd keep going you'd end up at the same point. Other physicists say that there are 11 dimensions although we can't see most of them because they are curled up at the quantum level...

Read some books about string theory
#57 of the Alter Bridge Fan Club
Quote by AlucardZero

So, every time a scientist split an atom into two, we killed billions upon billions of life-forms?

Cool.

(I know that not every universe necessarily has life in it)
Quote by porker
duuude i had the same thought the other day. like what if there was a biig circle around the universe as we know it, and there was another civilization living on the outside of it?

They're called parallel universes
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
thought about it before...had my thoughts...no way to prove them

has anyone thought that other than the gravity holding planets to other things that in space there is no gravity...and we are forever falling
Quote by lpmarshall
Isn't it fascinating that the universe is either infinitely large, or there is some kind of barrier where you can't go on any further? if the universe is infinte in it's shape, it's mind boggling to think that if you keep traveling further and further that there will be more and more stars and other things.

Or if the there is a certain barrier that stops you from going further ahead, whats beyond that barrier?

"The universe" is finite. There are only so many stars, galaxies etc. But "Space" is infinite. You can keep going for ever and not hit a 'barrier'.

Quote by blynd_snyper
A popular theory among physicists is that if you keep heading straight then you will eventually reach the point you started from. This implies that the universe has no shape, it simply takes up all the space it is given. It's really a mind fuck to think about, but it's damn interesting

And to Cryptorchild, the theories that we currently use and believe imply that you can never reach absolute zero no matter how far from anything you go.

So what are the topological properties of the universe? That of a sphere?
Last edited by clown phobia at Jul 16, 2008,
also i've wondered, is there a beginning in time? what was there before the beginning? nothing? Stuff like this is very mind ****ing

the concept of time will be infinite and that there is no end or beginning is pretty crazy to think about.
Last edited by lpmarshall at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by lpmarshall
also i've wondered, is there a beginning in time? what was there before the beginning? nothing? Stuff like this is very mind ****ing

the concept of time will be infinite and that there is no end or beginning is pretty crazy to think about.

well i think the universe and time is like the matrix...if anyone has seen the whole trilogy they will understand

but basically we start and end...then restart and end..etc.
Quote by lpmarshall

There was nothing before the beginining of time - it's like asking what' north of the north pole
We won't ever know. The thing that holds everything together is gravity. At the rate the universe is expanding, everything is moving apart faster than gravity can pull it back in, moving everything further apart.
My theory is that the universe has no boundaries, and that everything will keep expanding at the same rate seeing as there is nothing/next to nothing to physically halt the progress of the expansion, just pushing everything further apart.
Eventually, there may be other creations of universes, but we don't know what created everything.
Then again, I dropped science at the end of year 10, so what do I know?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Its quite mind boggling to think about it, who knows how many other forms of life are out there i dont think that earth is the only planet with life on it. When you think about what makes earth so special?
you shgould look up string theory

also i think you'd enjoy hitchhikers guide to the galexy if you aint read it.

also hears something elce 2 think about.

so, we're always expanging,infinitly,right...,so what we're expanding into must also be expanding or elce we'd run out of room ,ergo the question is; what are we expanding into and what is THAT expanding into...discuss
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
have faith is the FSM and may his noodley appendages touch you all, so it was written
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by nanna_guy414
Its quite mind boggling to think about it, who knows how many other forms of life are out there i dont think that earth is the only planet with life on it. When you think about what makes earth so special?

Yes, exactly. Nothing makes the earth special.
Quote by lpmarshall

There isn't a barrier and the universe isn't infinite.

Sounds like the Pit needs to watch less bad sci-fi.