Opinions? Alternatives to look at?

I was looking at the SE Singlecut. How do these things hold tune? Reliability? Customer sevice? etc.

Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
yeah ive got an SE singlecut- it does me fine, its worth the money you pay for it (i got mine for about £450...very soon after it was first out =/ haha so you could probs get it for less), and as long as you take care of the bridge and tuners it holds tune well enough

Put it this way: I treat mine pretty well and haven't had any problems with it whatsoever- i altered the action and changed the strings (obviously) after I got it and thats been pretty much it.
"Their eyes, black in kingdoms of gold, like the rocks of this desert, where we wander in circles, tails up the ass of time..."
i tried a couple recently and was extremely underwhelmed... granted, they seemed to have not been looked after too well by the shop, but i wasn't impressed. they felt cheap and plasticky and light (like a toy; i know too much weight is bad too, but when it feels like a helium balloon...).

How much of a budget do you have? are you willing to go used? you're after a singlecut-style guitar, right?

obviously if you try one and like it, though, that's the important thing. there's no point in getting a guitar i like if you hate it, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
£300-400 is my budget.

Of the guitars I tried when I was in town last week, the PRS ones were probably my favourites.

Others I tried were:
Fender Strat (too expensive)
Ibanez AR300 (Really liked this too)
Epi Les Paul (uncomfortable)
Epi Flying V (ditto)
Some Telecaster/Les Paul hybrid (ugly as hell, lol)
Ibanez R something (Don't want a FR)
Epi hollowbody of some sort
Tokai Les Paul copy (didn't like the neck IIRC)

I'd rather a guitar that's a bit bigger than a Strat or Tele, but not as big as a Les Paul. I know you recommended me a Washburn X50 (right?) before, but they didn't have any in either of Aberdeen's guitar stores, and I'd rather buy something I've tried, obviously.

I'm more worried about how they hold tune/intonate etc. than how they feel to you, because that's more subjective.

What are your thoughts on that Ibanez?

And I'd rather not go used.

Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Opinions? Alternatives to look at?

I was looking at the SE Singlecut. How do these things hold tune? Reliability? Customer sevice? etc.

I have it (singlecut) and its pretty beautiful. Only slight problem is that my G and B strings can sometimes go out of tune when bending and such.

I got mine for £300 - special deal from the national guitar show at NEC birmingham... im guessing you'll beable to find it for £350-400 about the place.

edit: Oh and the intonation is good on mine.
The guitarist I play with has one of these PRS. I don't really like it - the finish is really thick and they just don't feel right to me. Dave_Mc has got it right - they feel toy like.
Have a look at the Hagstrom Ultra Swede. In your price range, LP shape, but a bit smaller I think.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Tokai SG copy?
Ibanez SZ?

EDIT: Schecter Blackjack?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by FrenchyFungus
£300-400 is my budget.

Of the guitars I tried when I was in town last week, the PRS ones were probably my favourites.

Others I tried were:
Fender Strat (too expensive)
Ibanez AR300 (Really liked this too)
Epi Les Paul (uncomfortable)
Epi Flying V (ditto)
Some Telecaster/Les Paul hybrid (ugly as hell, lol)
Ibanez R something (Don't want a FR)
Epi hollowbody of some sort
Tokai Les Paul copy (didn't like the neck IIRC)

I'd rather a guitar that's a bit bigger than a Strat or Tele, but not as big as a Les Paul. I know you recommended me a Washburn X50 (right?) before, but they didn't have any in either of Aberdeen's guitar stores, and I'd rather buy something I've tried, obviously.

I'm more worried about how they hold tune/intonate etc. than how they feel to you, because that's more subjective.

What are your thoughts on that Ibanez?

And I'd rather not go used.

yeah, you can pick up an x50pro for £300 from gak, but as you say, you haven't tried it. machinehead is blowing out NOS wasburn wi65pro idols for £239 including delivery, which is an excellent deal, but again you wouldn't be able to try it first. those'd definitely be my picks considering you don't want to go used, but i also realise why you're extremely wary of buying something you haven't tried (I know I am too).

I haven't tried that ibanez arc, unfortunately. If you like it, though, that's the main thing.

Problem is, I'm not really sure what else to suggest...

Quote by smb
The guitarist I play with has one of these PRS. I don't really like it - the finish is really thick and they just don't feel right to me. Dave_Mc has got it right - they feel toy like.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?