so im going out of town for a few weeks and i want to bring my coustic guitar but all i have is pretty high priced taylor.

so what is te cheapest acoustic guitar out there that preferably comes with some sort of case. (it will be on a plane)

and ill prob only play it that week and then it will rot in the attic so cheaper the better
i dunno about cheap but you could get one of those backpacker guitars the really small ones

there you go http://www.zzounds.com/item--DAVGBPC
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
I bought a ****ty acoustic for £30 off eBay - brand new. It's got a crappy tone, you could fit a steam-train under the action BUT I have taken it on numerous camping trips, stag weekends and other such excursions and it's always done the biz. Plus I know that if it does get screwed it's not going to be the end of the world.
musician's friend sells a rogue guitar for like $50. I don't know what the case situation is though.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
i'd look at the guitars under $300 thread and then get on eBay if i were you.

where are you going? why don't you want to take your taylor there?
i just gotta washburn ro10 (rover) travel guitar
its bombass

i was just likue and didnt wanna bring my beautiful taylor anywhere
the rover's real nice

martin backakcers suck
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
im going hiking and i dont want to bring a good guitar through the snow and rain. etc
ahhh it makes sense since you are going hiking. going to the AT?

also, if you are going backpacking... bringing along a full-size acoustic guitar is a worse idea than you think. i've tried it. they add more weight to your pack than you expect and they are really cumbersome in the woods. just wanted to let you know in case you are about to learn the hard way like i did. if you're going backpacking and want to bring a guitar... get a backpackers guitar. you'll be sorry otherwise.