Girlfriend found out i lied to her when i said i didnt smoke, she angry.. help guys?

Page 1 of 2
hey guys

someone told my girl i smoked when they saw me out and about and we just had a massive argument.

didnt know she was that against smoking but when she told me her grandpa whom she was really close to passed away cause of smoking that confirmed why she was so against it.

i admit i am a smoker and i have lied to her many times about me not smoking and it's hurt her. but what's everyones view on a situation like this?

reckon we can still get back on track? cheers
Should of been straight up about it from the beginning? Friend of mine lied about smoking pot to his girl, she found out and was more pissed at the fact he lied to her.
Shouldn't have lied to begin with. Your own fault.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Don't lie to her. She has every right to be upset.

Giving up smoking would be a pretty good idea as well. Other than that, just apologize and hope for the best.

Lying almost always backfires. Why did you do it in the first place if you didn't know she was against smoking?
kill all humans
You just need to get her to smoke as well

Meh, shiz happens. If she breaks about something as petty as that I would leave anyways if I were you.

VÅDIT how long did you keep this from her anyways? Good job if it was over a month
You shouldn't have lied.

I guess it's possible to dig your way out though- tell her you only lied because you didn't want to make her angry.

Chances are, if she's a typical woman, she'll reply to that by saying "IT'S THE CIGARETTES OR ME"

If that happens... sorry, I can't help you. you're own your own, mate.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
thanks for the replies... yeah ive been an asshole lying straight up to her face about it. totally regret it
that's really not something to break up over IMO, and if she dumps you for that it wasn't gonna last anyway.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
say you only lied to her because you liked her so much and didnt want to lose her and were in the process of giving up, now actually give up for her and she should be ok after she calms down.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
say you only lied to her because you liked her so much and didnt want to lose her and were in the process of giving up, now actually give up for her and she should be ok after she calms down.

So you want him to lie AGAIN?
Quit smoking.
I'm surprised she didn't notice anyway. Kissing guys that smoke is horrible.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

just be like "i didnt know lying was frowned upon..."
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Your crying like a baby to the pit....You have pretty much ruined it for yourself.
Quote by Våd Hamster
So you want him to lie AGAIN?

yes, if hes a good lier it should be fine
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
As many have said, if you cared about her you would have just told her.

And second, if you are truly a smoker, then how did she not realize? As a smoker, we always smell, and always need a cigarette. If you smoked one within the last hour or 2 you will reek of cigs, so how are you resisting enough time to be with this girl??
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by OddOneOut
Quit smoking.

+1

It's one of the most disgusting habits around. It's right up there with nose-picking and compulsive wanking.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Never lie to women, even lying about the smallest thing can make them extremely angry because they feel it's some kind of betrayal in the relationship or some stuff..

Now just come clean with her and apologize about lying.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by rabidguitarist
+1

It's one of the most disgusting habits around. It's right up there with nose-picking and compulsive wanking.

Oh come on, this just seems like such a myth. I've made out with girls who don't smoke and those that do, they taste exactly the same. And I've made out with chicks who don't smoke, and they didn't complain at all.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by sunnysayshi
Post a pic of your gf please. So I can determine if she's a person that can let stuff go...

Current Gear:

PRS Custom 24 (Whale Blue)
Jackson KVX10 (With SD Blackouts)
Line 6 POD XT Live
Quote by Lightitup
Oh come on, this just seems like such a myth. I've made out with girls who don't smoke and those that do, they taste exactly the same. And I've made out with chicks who don't smoke, and they didn't complain at all.

The only reason they taste the same to you is because the smoking has destroyed your taste buds.

Smokers taste horrible to me.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist
The only reason they taste the same to you is because the smoking has destroyed your taste buds.

i once made out with a girl who had just had a cig and it tasted awful, you can only really taste it straight away i find. but girls who smoke is a turn off for me anyay.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Quote by Lightitup
As many have said, if you cared about her you would have just told her.

And second, if you are truly a smoker, then how did she not realize? As a smoker, we always smell, and always need a cigarette. If you smoked one within the last hour or 2 you will reek of cigs, so how are you resisting enough time to be with this girl??

im a social smoker, when im out and about with mates i always have to have 1
Quote by Våd Hamster
Because that's something you can just do

i did its not hard, i just decied to stop and i did.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Quote by rabidguitarist

+1
Like kissing an ashtray.

TS- well, if you're a casual smoker it should be even easier to stop. Just say 'NO'
Quote by Renka

Quote by OddOneOut
Quit smoking.

Not if you smoke as well.
So, really, it's your fault.

</is tobacco's bitch>
R E G G A E
Quote by OddOneOut
+1
Like kissing an ashtray.

TS- well, if you're a casual smoker it should be even easier to stop. Just say 'NO'

yeah, guess you're right
Quote by mrbungle50221
i did its not hard, i just decied to stop and i did.

So you just assume it's just as easy for everyone else?
But he says he's only a social smoker, so yeah it shouldn't be too hard for him...
When I started dating my current gf I told her I smoke .. and she didn't oppose (i don't know if it is well written) to it , but if she asked me to quit , I would , for the relationship to work .

you shouldn't really lie to her , you should tell her and if she likes you , she'll understand man . If not .. there's no choice to face: if you love her, you'll quit
Quote by TheDarkestNights
Not if you smoke as well.
So, really, it's your fault.

</is tobacco's bitch>

No kisses for you then
Quote by Renka

Quote by rabidguitarist
+1

My finger was in my nose literally AS I read that part.

I'm ashamed.

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
Page 1 of 2