My biggest weakness when playing is my ostinato's. these ones in particular:

e|-------------2------------------------
B|---------2---------------------------
G|---4b6----------------------------
D|-----------------------------
A|-----------------------------
E|--------------------------------

i always end up barring it but that lets the higher notes ring, thats my problem im always letting them ring, so i'd like to know how to play it more fluently

my other ostinato problem is this one:

e|---------------15p12----------15p12---------
B|--15p12-------------15p12------------------
G|-------------------------------
D|-----------------------------
A|-----------------------------
E|--------------------------------

again my problem is i end up barring which makes it ring again

how should i be playing these types of ostinato's?
USA Jackson RR1
Charvel Model 6
Jackson Performer-2
Orange Dark Terror
Hughes & Kettner 112 V30
i dont know wat an ostinato is but normally i roll my index finger so the string underneath doesnt sound. So for the first tab i would use my ring finger for the bend and barre the other two strings and as theyr played i would roll my finger off of them.

Does that make sense :S ?
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

Quote by YngwieJnr
i dont know wat an ostinato is but normally i roll my index finger so the string underneath doesnt sound. So for the first tab i would use my ring finger for the bend and barre the other two strings and as theyr played i would roll my finger off of them.

This is what i do aswell. Its the same pattern for sweep picking, you just roll your finger and shift the weight so its kind of muting out the unwanted string.
Depending very much on the situation/context you could try some ub3r light palm mutes on the higher strings.
Quote by YngwieJnr

Ostinato is just any short phrase which is repeated many times.
As every other poster has said, roll your fingers.
With the first example, you bend with your ring finger, place your index finger on the second string like you would finger any other note, and then lift the tip of your finger so that it's muting the second string and put pressure lower down on your index finger so that it's holding down the first string.
For the second example though I would just finger the string normally and jump strings instead of barring it or rolling.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.