so i have an engl fireball which has great cleans and even better high gain butim looking to get a pedal to put through the clean channel to get a british sort of overdriven to

any recommendations ?
how much are you willing to pay? we need to know this otherwise we could all sit here suggesting boutique pedals all day
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
thanks ill check it out

some of the contenders ive found are:
boss dn-2 dyna drive
ibanez tube screamer
electro harmonix english muff'n

does anybody have any expeirience with these ?
Quote by SynySter SlaSh
thanks ill check it out

some of the contenders ive found are:
boss dn-2 dyna drive
ibanez tube screamer
electro harmonix english muff'n

does anybody have any expeirience with these ?

IMO tube screamer does not work so well as a stand-alone overdrive, but rather as a boost so I doubt that's what your looking for. I don't trust any overdrives from boss but I've never tried it. English muff'n looks good but I haven't tried it.
i haven't tried the tubescreamer, but i've tried the t rex alberta (which is kinda similar) through an engl screamer, and i didn't much like it. That's hardly scientific though, as it may work with a fireball.

i'd maybe try something like an hbe power screamer... it can get quite a bit of gain for an overdrive, and has a boost as well (two footswitched), so is pretty versatile, which'd be cool considering the fireball is clean and modern metal, without much in-between.

i haven't tried the fulltone, though, i'm sure it's worth a look too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?