Situation is, I'm 17, and I'm going to go visit some friends in England for a while. My question is, since I couldnt buy alcohol in England, but I can legally buy alcohol in Germany, where I hail from, could I bring that in?
nope....sorry
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_PROD_010221&propertyType=document#P13_1332
If you are bringing in alcohol or tobacco goods and we have reason to suspect they may be for a commercial purpose, a Customs officer may ask you questions and make checks, for example about:

* the type and quantity of goods you have bought
* why you bought them
* how you paid for them
* whether all your goods are openly displayed or concealed
* how often you travel
* how much you normally smoke or drink or
* any other relevant circumstances.

You are particularly likely to be asked questions if you have more than:

3200 cigarettes, 200 cigars, 400 cigarillos, 3kg tobacco, 110 litres of beer, 90 litres of wine, 10 litres of spirits, 20 litres of fortified wine (such as port or sherry).

The officer will take into account all the factors of the situation and your explanation.

If we are satisfied that the goods are for a commercial purpose we may seize them and any vehicle used to transport them, and may not return them to you.

If you are caught selling alcohol or tobacco goods they may be seized, and for a serious offence you could get up to seven years in prison.

The country where you buy tobacco goods may have its own laws on how much you can buy or have in your possession, and what documents you need. If in doubt, check with that country’s authorities before you buy.
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Your best hope is to put it in your suitcase. Definitely not in your hand luggage. I don't think they'd be too bothered.
I'm sure citizens of the EU are allowed special priveleges to bring in a certain amount of restricted goods...
I think they only confiscate it if theres like industrial amounts of stuff.
Bring in as much as you want, most of the time they don’t even bother checking you coming into the UK and they will only even bother stopping you if they see you car is fully loaded with cases of the stuff
I have a friend who had all his alcohol removed from him in customs because he was only 17...

But you can always risk it
I personally wouldn't bother bringing any in.

Just try your luck in an off license here, if you look old enough then you'll be alright.
If not, get your friends to go in for you.
Just remember to smuggle your crack in your ass though.
Last edited by Doug_Funnie at Jul 16, 2008,
I'm 17 and I buy alcohol all the time.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yes, you can definitely do this. I've never heard of them taking alcohol off of someone who bought it legally and was below the EU limits. I brought back alcohol plenty of times when I was a teenager, as I'm sure everyone else has.
As long as you only have a bottle or two you should be fine.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
as a resident of the uk i know you will be ok as long as you bring in the legal amount, just remember in the uk it is only illegal to BUY alcohol under 18 you can drink it and be in possesion of it at any age. it is however illegal to be wankered
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking