Page 1 of 4
Just a little idea of mine... If any of the bands of UG out there have a gig in the next few weeks/months that are open for ppl to arrive at or buy tickets i.e. not an invite only birthday then perhaps they post it here and il make a calendar with the times and locations of each gig. If things pick up... who knows we might campaign for a sticky

Note: If ur band has any sort of internet site... myspace bebo etc leave a link and i will work it in. I will also try and link whatver i can find on the venues

Note Again: This isnt exclusive to bands in any particular location. So long as the band is somehow connected with UG. Also if a cost of entry is known then that would be good. Even if you dont know right away... come back with an update. If you can try and give a time as well. As in when the doors open etc!

Yet Another Note: When posting, again, please don't forget to try and have a link ready for your band and also the venue you are playing! Its not essential but it makes it easier for me so i dont have to look!

Note The fourth: Just occurred to me there. Given the young nature of most of the UG users, It might be an idea if you could say whether your gig is for all ages or not. That way it will avoid disappointment for potential fans turned away at the door. Also if you are adding information please dont edit your earlier posts without adding a new post, otherwise i wont find the new info!!

Note Unplugged: Okay so i have moved this from bandleading over to promote your band, mainly because i think it will get a better response. I know I am not exactly promoting my own band but i talked to Slut about it and im okay to do this

Best of: Note If everyone could post the genre of their band so readers can choose gigs to their preffered style of music that would be good. However, due to modern day genre bashing, i refuse to get involved in naming genres. The poster gives one genre for their band in their post i.e post-punk, alternative, shoegaze, metal. and thats it, no more. If there is any flaming due to the genre selected by a band, i will PM a mod immediately and you shall be warned/banned
So erm...... begin posting!

SEPTEMBER

September 3rd '08
-Dry Heaves - Guitarlord44 - Sunnyshore avenue, Buffalo. Doors: 2.00pm

September 5th '08
-Tarsus (TooFast) -Just for Fun Roller Rink, McHenry, Illinois, USA. Doors: $7

-Witness The Atrocity faaipeoiad - Xtreme Wheels, 691 Virginia Road, Crytal Lake, Illinois, USA, Doors $7 @10pm. All ages. Genre: Metal

-The Civvies (LittleKnowitAll) - The Union, Port Tennant, South Wales, Wales. Doors: 9pm Genre Pub Covers

September 6th
-Pig Children (PCBassist) - Double Oo Pub, Redford, MI, USA. Genre: Metal

-The Civvies (LittleKnowitAll) Bettws Rugby Club, South Wales, Wales. Doors:9pm Genre Pub Covers

-Iguanastu ibanezonfire16 La Sierra Academy,Riverside, California, USA. Doors: $5 @ 6.45pm.All ages

September 8th '08
-Our escape (FuzzyBear) - Liverpool BarFly, Seel Street, Liverpool UK. Doors: £6+booking fee @ 7pm. Note:Possible reduced price guestlist. See post 24 for details. Genre:PUNK

September 12th '08
-The Wishbones (yogurt_overdose) - Pointy Field Faust Fest, Ringwood, Dorset, England. Doors: £17(day ticket) £32 (weekend ticket)

September 13th '08
-The Civvies (LittleKnowitAll) Sketty, South Wales, Wales. Doors: 9pm. Genre Pub Covers

September 20th
-The Wishbones (yogurt_overdose) - The Ropemakers, Bridport, Dorset, England. Doors: Free

-The Civvies (LittleKnowitAll) Blaengwynfi social club, Blaengwynfi, North Wales, Wales. Doors: 9pm. Genre Pub Covers

-Blackout (metalismetal) The Star, Guildford, England. Doors £5. Genre: Metal

September 26th
-Pig Children (PCBassist) - Creative Spirit Centre, 1517 Bayliss Road, Midland, MI, USA.Genre: Metal

-Witness The Atrocity faaipeoiad - Rock County Christian School, Beloit. Wisconsin, USA. Doors: TBA. All ages.Genre: Metal

September 27th
-The Civvies (LittleKnowitAll) The Hungry Horse, Dunvsnt, Swansea, South Wales, Wales. Doors 9pm. Genre Pub Covers
OCTOBER

October 3rd '08
-One Fictitious Day (sumguy67) - Starbucks, Russelville, Arkansas, USA. Doors: Free @ 7pm. Genre: Rock.

October 4th '08
-Pig Children (PCbassist) - CC's Cyber Cafe, 3021 Main, Marlette, Michigan, USA. All Ages. Doors: $5. Genre: Metal.

October 9th '08
-Pig Children (PCbassist) -page_id=3&source_address=&source_city=&source_state_code=&source_zip=&source_country_code=, 1550S, Poseyville, Bullock Creek, Michigan. All ages. Doors: Free. Genre: Metal.

October 11th '08
-Kris May (djmay) - Blessed Sacrament Parish, Cornwall, Ontario, Canada. Doors 5pm. All ages + Religions. Genre: Acoustic

The Lesson Of Her Death (BUDDA) - Awakening Festival Mitcham Baptist Church, 8-12 Simla Street, Mitcham, Victoria, Australia. Doors: $15 @12.40pm. All ages

October 12th '08
-Phillip Andrew (grab thy hand) - The Door, 2521 Rodeo Plaza, Fort Worth, Texas, USA. Doors $10 @ 6.15pm. Genre: Acoustic

October 17th '08
-Chaos Faerie (ReaperWaits) - The Rufus Centre Flitwick, England. Doors £4 @ 7pm. Genre: Metal

-Red Tide (baer.aaron) - Ultra Star Del Mar Highlands, San Diego, California, USA. Doors: $8 @ 10pm. Genre: Rock.

October 22nd '08
-Witness the Atrocity (faaipdeoiad114) - Skateland Roller Rink, Friendship, Wisconsin, USA. Doors TBA. All ages. Genre: Metal

-Chris Jones (minicab_adi) Marie Lloyd Bar, Hackney Empire, Barkinside, UK. Doors: Free @ 7.30.

October 24th '08
The Lesson Of Her Death (BUDDA) - Rocktober @ Ev's Youth Centre, Ev's Youth Centre,212 Mt Dandenong Rd Croydon, Victoria. Australia. Doors: $15 @ 7.30pm. All Ages

October 25th '08
-hpt://www.bismarckmandansymphony.org (guitarsolo_17) - fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&q=Belle+Mehus+Auditorium,+Bismarck+North+Dakota&fb=1&view=text&latlng=10099320730563515588">Belle Mehus Auditorium, Bismarck, North Dakota, USA. Doors: 7.30pm. Genre: Classical

-The Lesson Of Her Death (BUDDA) - The Curtin Bandroom, 29 Lygon St Carlton, Victoria. Australia. Doors: $12 @ 9pm. 18+

October 28th '08
-Cynderphex elliot FTW - URC Church, Fremlin Walk, Maidstone, Kent, England. Doors £4 @ 7pm. All ages.Genre: Rock

October 30th '08
-Adam Balm (donkeyman2341) - Epicentre, 8450 Mira Mesa blvd, San Diego, California, USA. Doors $9 @7pm. All Ages

October 31st '08
-Kris May (djmay) - fficial&hs=LjX&resnum=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Grumpy%27s+Bar+and+Grill,+Cornwall+Ontario+Canada&fb=1&view=text&latlng=9560099175029959231">Grumpy's Bar and Grill, Cornwall, Ontario, Canada. Doors $5 @ 7pm.. 19+ Genre: Acoustic

NOVEMBER

November 1st '08
-Naked Gravy (Jonnomainman) - The Pavillion, Victoria Park, Leicester, UK. Doors: Free @ 8pm

-Pig Children (PCBassist) - fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&q=Timmy+D%27s+116+main+street+Capac+MI+48014&fb=1&view=text&latlng=7263590698811772269">Timmy D's ,116 Main Street, Capac, MI, USA. Genre: Metal

-Sinthetic Dream (kotw2003) - Area 81, 162 Lawrence Hill, Bristol, UK. Doors £5 @ 9pm. Genre: Metal

November 7th '08
-King Rex (druz15_UG) - Dunedin Musicians Club, Dunedin, New Zealand. Doors @ 6.30pm. All ages. Genre: funk rock

November 8th '08
-Sons Of Exile (maggot9779) - Bear Tavern , Birmingham, England. Doors: £4 @ 8.00pm

-The Foundation Of (thefoundationof) - Epicentre, 8450 Mira Mesa blvd, San Diego, California, USA. Doors $9 @ 7pm. All ages. Genre: Alternative

November 17th '08
-This is not a dead Transmission (Aidy Damage) - The Water Rats Theatre, 328 Grays Inn Road, London, WC1X 8BZ, England. Doors: 8pm.

November 22nd '08
-The Lesson Of Her Death (BUDDA) Geelong West Town Hall, Geelong West, Victoria, Australia. Time and Cost TBA. All ages

November 28th '08
The Cell Theorem (JF4ever) - Connollys Klub 45, 121 W 45th St. New York, NY 10036, USA. Doors: $10 @ 8pm. 21+ or with adult

DECEMBER

December 5th '08
-Tyrannosaurus-rock (junesongpro) - Midland Convention Centre, Midland, Michigan, USA. Doors $3 a 6pm.

December 6th '08
The Cell Theorem (JF4ever) - Uncle Mikes, 57 Murray St (Murray St. btw Church St. and West Broadway)New York, New York 10007. USA. Doors: $10 @ 7.30pm. 21+ or with adult.

December 12th '08
Aeternitas (Magero) - Rosie's Live 235 Edwards Street, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Doors: $15 @ 8pm. Over 18's only
January

January 14th '09
This is not a Dead Transmission - (Aidy Damage) The Purple Turtle Bar, 61-65 Crowndale Rd,Camden, London N1. England. Doors: 8pm.

Rich Uncle Skeleton - (jimmy_neutron)
The Loud - (tubyboulin)
Sons Of Exile - (maggot9779)
One Fictitious Day (sumguy67)
The Wishbones (yogurt_overdose)
Symmetry (symmetry4321)
The Unashamed (Fei Rei)
Slack Babbath (SlackerBabbath)
Tanicus (epitaph0x)
Dust To Ashes (emr_steelmech)
The Rangels (emr_steelmech)
Lost Audio - (FloydPink92)
Written in Red (Bloodshed)
Naked Gravy - (Jonnomainman)
Seventh Wave and Casari - (Guitarlord44)
Our Escape - (FuzzyBear) PUNK
5point - (ramlax13)
Witness the Atrocity (faaipdeoiad114) Genre: Metal
Pig Children - (PCBassist) Genre: Metal
Now here this - (axemanchris)
Chaos Faerie - ReaperWaits Genre: Metal
Seeking Silence - (cjb2293)
The Civvies - (LittleKnowItAll) Genre: Pub Covers
Iguana Stu - (ibanezonfire16) Genre: Rock
Kris May (djmay71) Genre: Acoustic
Blackout (metalismetal) Metal
Fatal Compromise (djmay) Metal
-Phillip Andrew (grab thy hand) Genre: Acoustic
-Cynderphex elliot FTW Genre: Rock
-Bismarck Mandan Symphony (guitarsolo_17 Genre: Classical
Red Tide (baer.aaron) Genre: Rock
-Tyrannosaurus-rock (junesongpro)
The Lesson Of Her Death (BUDDA)
-Sinthetic Dream (kotw2003)
-King Rex (druz15_UG)
-The Foundation Of (thefoundationof)
-This is not a dead Transmission (Aidy Damage)
The Cell Theorem (JF4ever)
Aeternitas (Magero)
Last edited by jimmy_neutron at Nov 18, 2008,
Fantastic Idea!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
August 3rd 08

Written In Red (Bloodshed) - Mansion 462 - Chapel Hill, NC, USA. Doors at 7. Tickets $10
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
This is a bloody brilliant idea! I could see this taking off in a big way if people get behind it...just message me if you need any help promoting it or whatever, I'll sig it.
have we given up on this idea? If not then Dust to Ashes has a new show added:

August, 8 2008 at O’Malley’s All Ages 4PM
11957 S Pulaski Rd, Alsip, Illinois 60803
Cost : $7
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
I'll be honest i had kinda given up on it...... mainly because no one had any interest..... But now that its been stickied it might actually work!!! Im gonna go update it. And many thanks to the mod that stickied it!!
Quote by Guitarlord44
hey i got one

August 30th at Sears Road long Island New York at 1:00

The Band is The Seventh Wave And Casari

Have you got a link for the band?? like myspace or something??
Symmetry (www.myspace.com/symmetry4321) has one

We have been added as a special guest act for a promotion company called Absolutly perform at a gig at Brixton Jamm on August 19th

We are playing with 3 other London Bands

It is an over 14 event so all of you should have no problems with getting in as long as you don't try anything silly (Y)

Tickets cost £6 and below is the link which shows you how to request tickets from the website, otherwise just ask us and will see what we can do:

http://www.absolutelyperform.co.uk//jammbrixton/4529769801

There are 30 tickets on sale, and we need to sell as man tickets as is humanley possible to get close to that =]

If you want to get there you can either walk south from Oval tube station (northern line) or north from Brixton tub station (Victoria line)

A map will follow as and when we remember how to use photobucket

(This was copied off our latest Myspace blog)
Hey, can I put my band's gigs in there?

Naked Gravy
http://www.myspace.com/nakedgravy

Sat 1st November
The Pavillion, Victoria Park, Leicester, UK
8pm
Entry is free, beer is cheap!

Another gig coming soon, ill let you know as soon as it is confirmed

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Ok so i have updated it, and added in a few gigs of my own... however i did encounter some trouble from not closing off some URL things, so there is a possibility one or two listings could be removed from August. Check yourself and repost the details if something is gone!
could we get in on abit of this action?

http://www.myspace.com/ourescapeuk

Friday August 29th, 7pm
News to Nowhere (underneath the bookshop, venue has no wesbite), Bold Street, Liverpool, UK. w/ Chief, the city rats & chase HQ: Allstars - price tbc, charity gig raising money for animal rights.

Monday September 8th, 7pm(Liverpool Barfly, Seel Street, Liverpool, UK. Supporting HiFi Handgrenades, £6 + Booking Fee, Limited £5 guestlist available, message us if you want to get on it.

Saturday December 13th,
Venue tbc, Vs Cancer Panther Promotions All Dayer. W/Chief + more. Minimum Donation tbc, raising money for Cancer research.

cheers!
My band is playing a show opening for Braddign from Dispatch. The show is at the World Cafe Live in Philadelphia PA. Doors open at 6. For tickets you can go here:

http://tickets.worldcafelive.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=2597

My band name is 5point. You can listen to our music here:

http://www.purevolume.com/5point

Awesome idea on the calendar thing, hope it keeps up. You can note that if anyone from UG shows up to the show, just have them say hi to me, and I'll hook them up with a free tshirt or something. My name is Ryan and I'm the drummer.
Quote by Guitarlord44
hey i got one

August 30th at Sears Road long Island New York at 1:00

The Band is The Seventh Wave And Casari

Still waiting on a link from you........ You have been added, but a link would be nice

Quote by ramlax13
My band is playing a show opening for Braddign from Dispatch. The show is at the World Cafe Live in Philadelphia PA. Doors open at 6. For tickets you can go here:

http://tickets.worldcafelive.com/ev...es.asp?evt=2597

My band name is 5point. You can listen to our music here:

http://www.purevolume.com/5point

Awesome idea on the calendar thing, hope it keeps up. You can note that if anyone from UG shows up to the show, just have them say hi to me, and I'll hook them up with a free tshirt or something. My name is Ryan and I'm the drummer.

You never gave a date in your post..... according to the tickets its August 20th, so thats where i listed you.... I assume thats right but just to be sure........

So i was thinking that perhaps people should have a genre listing with their band dates, so as to appeal to the right audience........... see below
New Participants can now post ONE particular genre category i.e rock with their listing. Existing Participants, dont edit old posts as i wont see it. Instead make a new post with the genre!
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Have you got a link for the band?? like myspace or something??

hey dude can you take ours down the drummer is on vacation all of a sudden sorry for the inconvenience. The Seventh Wave
Band: Tarsus- http://www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Genre: Blues rock.
Where: August 15th/22nd/30th- Tivoli Bowl in Downers Grove, Illinois. -$8
September 5th at Just For Fun roller rink in McHenry, Illinois. - $7
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Band: PIG CHILDREN www.myspace.com/pigchildrenmetal
Genre: Metal/Hard Rock/Progressive

August 15:
Friend's Birthday Show w/ Beast in the Field, DJs, and a special guest (all ages)
Creative Spirit Center
1517 Bayliss
Midland, Mi
$5 at the door

August 16:
Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals (all ages)
Galaxy Entertainment/Nebula Underground
110 N. 5th
Coleman, Mi
$5 at the door

August 22:
Battle of the Bands Finals (all ages) *PENDING*
Galaxy Entertainment/Nebula Underground
110 N. 5th
Coleman, Mi
$5 at the door

August 30:
Rock the Halls (all ages)
St. Andrews Hall
Detroit, Mi
$10 pre-sale tickets

September 6:
w/ Building Seven, Beast in the Field, and This Level is Clouds (18+)
Double OO Pub
Redford, Mi

September 26:
Rock the Vote w/ Building Seven and MUTE (all ages. 18+ register to vote!)
Creative Spirit Center
1517 Bayliss Rd
Midland, Mi 48640

October 4:
CC's Cyber Cafe (all ages)
3021 Main
Marlette, Mi
$5 at the door

November 1:
Halloween Costume Party (18+)
Timmy D's
116 S Main St
Capac, Mi 48014
www.now-here-this.com

Click on 'gigs'

We're playing on the main stage at the Dundas Cactus Festival on Friday at 6 pm. We'll be premiering two new songs!

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Okay sincere apologies to all involved in the calendar! I have been away on a "mini-tour" with my band and havent had access to a computer in a while..... I will start updating NOW
All of these apply to www.myspace.com/witnesstheatrocity --

Genre: extreme metal
August 22nd 08
Xtreme wheels - 691 Virginia Rd. Crystal Lake, Illinois 60014
7 dollars ATD.
All ages
Show starts 10pm
Witness the Atrocity, Thabor, +more

August 23rd 08
Skateland - Friendship, Wisconsin 53934
Cost TBA
All ages
Show stats 4pm
Witness the Atrocity, Serianna, Blame Vainglory, Kill for Your Love, + a billion more

Genre: Mixed, metal/pop/punk
August 30th 08
The Rave - 2401 N Wisconsin Ave. Milwaukee, Wisconsin
12 Dollars ATD
All ages
Doors: 6:30, Show: 7pm
Witness the Atrocity, Killdozer, Forgotten Shadows

September 5th 08
Xtreme Wheels - 691 Virginia Rd. Crystal Lake, Illinois 60014
7 dollars ATD.
All ages