I am looking for a really cheesy Ibanez that I read bout in a guitar magazine a few years back and have never seen in any shop. It sort of looked like something you would by from Sears back in the 60's, except it had humbuckers instead of the typical cheesy single coils. It had two rocker swtiches for coil tapping and a stainless steel pick guard, IIRC it was really cheap too, like $300... They currently make something that looks like it, (The Jet King) but it lacks the coil tap swtiches and has a bigsby style whammy bar and I hate those.

If anyone knows what it is and can let me know, I would appreciate it.
Last edited by 6SickStrings at Jul 16, 2008,
I reckon you're looking for this:

The Ibanez JTK1

It was introduced in 2003, available in several colors (Butterscotch Transparent, Ivory and Black Red Sunburst) and it listed for $399
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by Bonsaischaap
I reckon you're looking for this:

The Ibanez JTK1

It was introduced in 2003, available in several colors (Butterscotch Transparent, Ivory and Black Red Sunburst) and it listed for $399

That's it. For that price I would even buy one from ebay without hearing it, which I normally would not do. It's just soooo funky and all those original Teiscos and such are getting bid up by collectors. Plus, with actualy humbuckers it might actually sound pretty good and Ibanez builds good instruments, even the low priced units.

Thanks for the reply, I have a new mission...
Quote by 6SickStrings
That's it. For that price I would even buy one from ebay without hearing it, which I normally would not do. It's just soooo funky and all those original Teiscos and such are getting bid up by collectors. Plus, with actualy humbuckers it might actually sound pretty good and Ibanez builds good instruments, even the low priced units.

Thanks for the reply, I have a new mission...

You've read it, you can't un-read it!