Page 1 of 2
Since UG is a hungry hungry hippo today we will discuss food. Now.

K, so Long John Silvers anyone?
I actually have a question to all the cooks out there.

My mom makes this thing, but we have no idea what it's called. It was passed down from my grandmother, but she doesn't know the name of it either.
It contains [from bottom to top] Bread, Mayonaise, Hamburger, Ketchup, Cheese. You put them in the oven for like 15 minutes and they taste AMAZING.

Does anyone know the names of these bundles of flavour?
No, but that Wendy's thread makes me want to go to Wendy's. Has anyone ever been to Five Guys or is that a local thing?

Edit^ That's just a cheeseburger...ketchup and mayo mixed makes russian dressing though.
Quote by shreddin_frets
I actually have a question to all the cooks out there.

My mom makes this thing, but we have no idea what it's called. It was passed down from my grandmother, but she doesn't know the name of it either.
It contains [from bottom to top] Bread, Mayonaise, Hamburger, Ketchup, Cheese. You put them in the oven for like 15 minutes and they taste AMAZING.

Does anyone know the names of these bundles of flavour?

Gazpacho, it's tomato soup served ice cold!
I just ate a pepper steak. It was delicious.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by RU Experienced?
No, but that Wendy's thread makes me want to go to Wendy's. Has anyone ever been to Five Guys or is that a local thing?

Edit^ That's just a cheeseburger...ketchup and mayo mixed makes russian dressing though.

I've got a Five Guys down here in NC... I'm not much of a fan, though.
anyone hear about the recalled lean pockets

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Question for all Americans, How do I make 'Smores' or whatever they are? and are they worth it?
Originally Posted by last_biscuit
I'd be more concerned about your apetite for oriental buildings, than some random kid calling you a fag
Quote by Megadeth2011
anyone hear about the recalled lean pockets

Oh, god... I hope you're kidding. I've got a Value pack of lean pockets in my freezer right now.

Quote by Maxxwell
Question for all Americans, How do I make 'Smores' or whatever they are? and are they worth it?

2 graham crackers, a pice of chocolate, and marshmallows. Roast the marshmallows over a fire, make a sandwich with the chocolate and 2 graham crackers.

So totally worth it.
Quote by Maxxwell

Graham Cracker, hersheys chocolate, and marshmallows. You roast the marshmallows on an open fire, then put it in between two graham crackers with the chocolate.

EDIT- No, its not a ham/cheese burger. The burger is ground up. Theres a specific name for them though, and thats what Im looking for. Next time We have them, Ill take a picture of it.
Quote by Maxxwell

cook a marshmallow on fire. I like to put mine in and let em burn. Break a graham cracker in half. put some chocolate on half of the graham cracker. Put the marshmallow on top of the chocolate, and put the other half of the cracker on top of the marshmallow. I think theyre pretty good.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay

Quote by clemm
--clemm

n00b
Quote by shreddin_frets
Graham Cracker, hersheys chocolate, and marshmallows. You roast the marshmallows on an open fire, then put it in between two graham crackers with the chocolate.

Im Australian and never heard of a Graham Cracker, any other ways to describe them?
Originally Posted by last_biscuit
I'd be more concerned about your apetite for oriental buildings, than some random kid calling you a fag
Quote by Maxxwell
Im Australian and never heard of a Graham Cracker, any other ways to describe them?

Im not to sure the exact ingredients, but I know they have honey in them.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Oh, god... I hope you're kidding. I've got a Value pack of lean pockets in my freezer right now.

I wish I was... cause I ate 2 of the recalled ones. Anyways, they recalled the chicken artichoke ones cause 2 people ate ones with plastic inside. I got diarreah after eating mine, and had a gas cramp/bloated feeling for the rest of the day. These lean pockets were good before 2009, and I ll have to get the rest of the info. Give me about 5 minutes.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay

Quote by clemm
--clemm

n00b
Quote by Maxxwell

Basically cinemon crackers. I don't know what they would be called down there.
Quote by Megadeth2011
I wish I was... cause I ate 2 of the recalled ones. Anyways, they recalled the chicken artichoke ones cause 2 people ate ones with plastic inside. I got diarreah after eating mine, and had a gas cramp/bloated feeling for the rest of the day. These lean pockets were good before 2009, and I ll have to get the rest of the info. Give me about 5 minutes.

Yeah, I googled it already... phew. Spinach Artichoke? You DESERVE diarrhea if you eat one of those. Pizza Lean Pockets FTW.
What's your favourite stuff to put into a sandwich? I love the usual, cheddar, chicken, lettuce, tomato, Ranch
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Yeah, I googled it already... phew. Spinach Artichoke? You DESERVE diarrhea if you eat one of those. Pizza Lean Pockets FTW.

I have problems eating pizza ones cause I ate so many. Basically, my neighbor owns a trucking company and hot pockets gave em like 500 boxes for the whole company. So my neighbor gave us 50 boxes, and I feasted on those, but eventually, I got sick of em. I just ate the ones I did cause it had chicken

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay

Quote by clemm
--clemm

n00b
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I've got a Five Guys down here in NC... I'm not much of a fan, though.

You're not!? Their burgers are so good though! The only competitor in terms of quality is really fuddruckers.
Quote by shreddin_frets
EDIT- No, its not a ham/cheese burger. The burger is ground up. Theres a specific name for them though, and thats what Im looking for. Next time We have them, Ill take a picture of it.

Is this it?

if it is, then it's called a sloppy joe
Attachments:
TM1507_sloppy_joe_di_maggios_e.jpg
Quote by guitaro69
thanks Mighty Thor!!!!

Your throne awaits!

Put this in your sig if The Rake scared the living **** out of you.
Quote by RU Experienced?
You're not!? Their burgers are so good though! The only competitor in terms of quality is really fuddruckers.

You MUST be kidding. 5 Guys makes decent burgers, but Fuddruckers? Ew.

We've got this statewide chain called Cookout down here... quite possibly the greatest burgers EVAR.
We don't have a 5 Guys or a Fuddrucker's where I live. The closest burger place for me is either McDonalds (ew) or DQ (win). But 45 miles south there's a place called Grossburger and you can get a triple cheeseburger and half a sack of fries for 5 bucks. And the food is amazing.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay

Quote by clemm
--clemm

n00b
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
You MUST be kidding. 5 Guys makes decent burgers, but Fuddruckers? Ew.

We've got this statewide chain called Cookout down here... quite possibly the greatest burgers EVAR.

You're telling me you don't like fuddruckers?

Well to be honest I haven't been there in years so I guess it's possible the quality has declined over the years.

I still stand by Five Guys Burgers and Fries to the death though.

Edit^ I didn't know they sold sacks of fries
So... how bout those quarter pounders with cheese? Or as you europeans call it, a royale with cheese
Quote by Vixus
I'd love to drum but I don't have any equipment to send my drumming noises to the computer, so :/

What the hell was that all about?

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay

Quote by clemm
--clemm

n00b
This thread needs to be revived. Today I'm making garlic bread, found an easy receipt on ExpertVillage . Can't wait to see how it turns out.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
i want spag bol RIGHT now
im STARVING.....something which is quite a rarity with me
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
A pub near me do sizzling steaks - they are unbeliveably awesome. I probably don't need to explain it, but they are on metal dishes that sizzle - It's great fun to put vinegar and sauces on just to watch them explode on contact and boil away.

Tis mighty damn epic.

Quote by Shred Head
So what international, non-junk food do you guys like?

Curry...oh wait - That probably classes as junk food don't it...

Peri-Peri Chicken and Jerk Chicken are pretty damn good.

So... how bout those quarter pounders with cheese? Or as you europeans call it, a royale with cheese

Haha - I was watching that film earlier - tis the lulz.
Quote by Chips-
This thread needs to be revived. Today I'm making garlic bread, found an easy receipt on ExpertVillage . Can't wait to see how it turns out.

wow thats difficult..bread with garlic and butter.
Quote by Chips-

Dude, Butter, garlic powder, bread, TOASTER!

That is all

I don't know what I should have for breakfast/lunch any ideas?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
For breakfast I had a spicy Italian meatball sub

Different indeed. Spicy, too.

EDIT: This thread is gonna be win imo.
Page 1 of 2