I had an Epiphone Prophecy SG GX ordered off GAK, but they shoved the delivery date back to the 31th of August and I'm definately not waiting that long, so I'm heading to GuitarGuitar tomorrow with about £500 and I need a new guitar. I want something that can handle heavy tones aswell as cleans, PREFERABLY with two volume knobs and 24 frets, not bothered about the brand / shape / style or any of that stuff. Anyone got any ideas?

I'm playing a Epiphone Les Paul Special II just now. It blows.

Cheers.
Jackson dkmg dinky in cobalt blue swirl. gismic lol. BTW i found that sg prophecy a really nice guitar i might consider waiting for it. the emgs make it gismic.
Quote by KidBARTLEY
Jackson dkmg dinky in cobalt blue swirl. gismic lol. BTW i found that sg prophecy a really nice guitar i might consider waiting for it. the emgs make it gismic.

I wasn't waiting for the one with EMGs, I was waiting for the one with Dirty Fingers pickups.
If you're going to the store anyway, try a bunch out. I don't know how much these are in euros, but it seems like you'd just be able to afford the LP GX. Same pickups, same finish, only a Les Paul. (I actually think the LP looks better with that finish than the SG, but that's just me.)