does anyone know how to get the wah tone from the black album, preferably 'wherever i may roam'.

what wah/distortion combination, wah before distortion or vice versa? and guitar and pickups

thanks
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
he uses an crybaby. il look up which one

he uses a custom one in a ernie ball pedal body

EFFECTS

1. Dunlop Crybaby Wah-Wah pedals - modified (dunlop electronics enclosed in ernie ball volume pedal bodies)
Roland VG-8
EMB Audio Remote Wah units
EMB/Ernie Ball Wah Pedals - custom
Multiple Foot Pedals Custom Rackmount
Rocktron RSB-18F pedal boards
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Bradshaw Switching System
Bradshaw Patch Bay Custom
Lovetone Meatball pedal (for the Wah like sound in the opening riff of "I Disappear")

that would be the effects. and for guitars. alot. and pickups. emg 81/81 or 81/60/ I Think
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Last edited by metalbaswee at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by Ghold125
he uses a crybaby in a Ernie Ball volume pedal case. As for distortion, he used Mesa's slaved in Marshall's, then used the pre-amp's from the marshalls?

http://www.metallicaworld.co.uk/kirk_hammetts_equipment.htm

no. that would be james, kirk never uses amp distortion. he uses a tubescreamer for dist. and an eq.
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Quote by metalbaswee
no. that would be james, kirk never uses amp distortion. he uses a tubescreamer for dist. and an eq.

I am pretty sure a single Tubescreamer and an EQ won't get enough gain/the right tone for Kirk. If you meant he used them to boost his amp's dist channel, then yes, you could be correct.
Doesnt Kirk have a signiture Randall nowdays?

Or does he just endorse a piece of crap?
Gear!

Guitars:
Dean Hardtail Select
Dean ML Platinum,
Tanglewood Odyssey Acoustic.

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30

Other Stuff I Use:
Boss ME-50
Blackstar HT-Distx

http://www.last.fm/user/TomWales/
thanks for the info guys, really appreciate it
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
Quote by metalbaswee

Tempting to sig your post..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by Tom!!
Doesnt Kirk have a signiture Randall nowdays?

Or does he just endorse a piece of crap?

He has a signature amp head made by Randall. His name is also on a smaller SS practice amp (meh...).
i belive he uses the rackmounted crybaby wah nowerdays. In terms of amps, its mostly triaxis stuff, but in recent videos you see his rectifier preamp lying in there, always a marshall too. You can sometimes see his signature randall sitting on top of his rack, dunno if he uses it. But generally, i think he gets his tone from a triaxis, oh and 'Big Mick' thier live sound engineer, and many thousands worth of recording and processing equipment in the studio :P
When you guys are done arguing about kirks distortion perhaps you can read the OP where he asks about kirks WAH

something like a 535q crybaby would work for kirk hammett's wah tone
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless