Les Claypool. :P

But seriously, I'd imagine it's quite similar to the trem on a guitar. Actually, there is a guy I know who has a bass with a trem, but I hardly ever see him and I forget his name. I'll try to get in contact with him and ask him for you maybe. Unless you're just after people's thoughts.

EDIT: DAMNIT! Beaten!
sig goes here
I saw Victor Wooten with one in a video, it sucked because I thought I was the only one who'd come up with the idea, how naive of me, I still plan to do it one day.
i was gonna do it to mine but it would of cost me over $500 so ur best bet is to buy a wammy pedal
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
The tension on bass strings is many times greater than that of guitar strings. Buy a bass trem, you'll be constantly fighting with it. Also, I'm pretty sure that the only mass-produced bass trems are Floyd Rose ones, and well... Floyd Rose is... Floyd Rose.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by shampooboy37
i couldn't find it...

Click "The Products", then Tremelo Systems and you'll see the Bass Trem systems appear.

And no, Floyd Rose don't make Bass Tremelos.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
well i clicked in the search box bass tremolo and nothing really looked like a tremolo...

edit: IFOUND THEM! thanks guys...
Last edited by shampooboy37 at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It's right there. Jesus.

Don't crap your pants about it....
Last edited by shampooboy37 at Jul 16, 2008,
Played with a guy who had one - a Kramer Bass I believe. Nothing but headaches with tuning. Every time even he breathed on the bar, at least three strings out of tune.
For how much it'll be used, get a whammy pedal, or maybe a fretless.
didn't early G&Ls have one?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
rickenbacker use hipshot stuff on their basses, so i'd imagine them to be top quality.

no experience myself though.
Back To Beginner After Years of No Strumming Also Bass Learner

U-G nooB

Sunn Mustang owners- Go Here! Sunn Mustang Owners Group!