This week ive been in this rut sort of thing, im feeling like my playing is going nowhere, now ive been playing for 2 years and its not that i suck, its just i feel that im not advancing fast enough and i just dont feel amazingly amped to play right now, is this a bad thing? i dont necessarilly need a cure, just some advice and maybe some direction?

All help needed

thanks
Jacksta
Learn a new style.
I.e. if you're normally playing metal, learn some blues.

It'll open up limitless possibilities.
R E G G A E
your just in a state where you feel like there is nothing left to play, but there is. jazz.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
I agree on learning a new style. Also you could try and learn a new technique, hybrid picking is fun to learn. But if all else fails, stop playing for a while. It happened to me before and it helped loads. While your not playing you could maybe listen out for rhythms that you find in everyday life, for example the noise of a car engine, so when you start playing again you could try playing music to the rhythms you have discovered.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
also, search for a new band to find inspiration from.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
i see what yous mean, but blues is supposed to be for a more experienced player isnt it? with the arpeggio stuff, i havent looked much into it but i can do a few sweep picking excercises, and i do play a fair bit of metal, i look to metallica as a main source for inspiration but what should i start on?

ROFL, i accidently made that other thread twice hahaha