can some one explain to me some options I might have if I wish to play samples (hand claps, bass drops, movie quotations, etc) at a live show?
my band is here ------> myspace.com/weareattica
laptop and acid pro or cubase my friend....hooked up to a pa or amp of course
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
One more thing - many of these would be mid-song...and we don't have a designated sample player guy or something stupid like that...so is there something I can just load samples onto and stomp a foot switch or something my drummer can hit and the sample will play immediately?
my band is here ------> myspace.com/weareattica
Quote by saphrax
Map each sample to a MIDI trigger.

This,

Native Instruments Battery is an excellent sampler and drum machine. Hook it up to a MIDI controller and you can trigger the samples on and off through the controller live...
Quote by just some guy
One more thing - many of these would be mid-song...and we don't have a designated sample player guy or something stupid like that...so is there something I can just load samples onto and stomp a foot switch or something my drummer can hit and the sample will play immediately?

If you're using audacity or anything of the like, you can add time the the beginning of the track so it'll play when you want, that would require some pretty sweet timing, I think the idea of mapping them to a MIDI trigger is your best bet, but, As Brand New posted, An Ipod is really easy too, and alot cheaper.
if you can afford it get an mpc there great
now extra flamey
Quote by just some guy
what if I wanted to control a sample with this (we won't have more than one sample in a song)...then could I plug it into...something...and change to a new sample in between songs?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alesis-Trigger-Pad-Single-Velocity?sku=449752

I'ld say this will do a much better job and is a lot more versatile that that...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Korg-padKONTROL-USB-MIDI-Controller?sku=702910
Yeah a pad is what you want. Then just connect it to any old app with a sampler, add samples, assign notes and you're good to go.
Quote by af_the_fragile
This,

Native Instruments Battery is an excellent sampler and drum machine. Hook it up to a MIDI controller and you can trigger the samples on and off through the controller live...

Yup, Battery is what you want.

I use NI Battery and control it with this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-Trigger-Finger16-MIDI-Drum-Control-Surface?sku=703614

I'm actually mounting it onto the rack with the rest of my electronic kit so I can trigger all my loops, samples and do program changes while playing drums.

EDIT: and yea you don't want that alesis drum pad, that's just 1 pad, which could work in a sense, but you want something like the trigger finger or that korg padkontrol or the akai MPC midi controller they have.

you could also look into MPC samplers if you don't want to have to hook it up to a computer. MPC1000,MPC2000, etc.
Last edited by chillbeast at Jul 16, 2008,