I've been looking at guitar reviews for quite a while now.. Actually since I desperately wanted to play guitar. I'm looking for a guitar (preferably Ibanez) which does great distortion, but which also plays good clean sounds. The sound I'm actually looking for is that of Opeth's. I know Mikael uses a PRS Custom 24, but my budget is fairly limited (400$ for my first guitar +- some $$$). From what I could spot, the RG321MH, RGR321EX and RG370DX models from Ibanez have fairly good reviews, but I'm asking for professional help. I can't figure out which one to buy!!! I really want to learn how to play, so take into consideration that it has to suit a complete novice. I would like the guitar to stay in tune for a long time, I don't know if I'm gonna use a whammy-bar from the start..also the guitar has to be easy to play. I have an acoustic guitar from '73...but it's in a VERY DEPLORABLE STATE..also 18 frets and strangely curved btrings, wooden bridge....I can't learn on this. Also, can you please indicate a good 10-15-maybe 20W amp which I could use with the guitar? This is serious bussiness guys,please help me out.I can't stand looking at another review website. There are always ones who have major problems with their guitars,which makes my choice even harder.
Close to begging for good advice,please.

Ovidiu
DO NOT SPEND THAT MUCH MONEY ON YOUR FIRST GUITAR! get a Squier or an epi, for an amp get a Kustom or a frontman 15r
Yeah i finally got round to all this, so, what shall i put here?

*insert hillarious ego boosting qoute here*

THE GAME
you just lost it
i really don't understand why an absolute beginner needs such an expensive guitar. I've been playing for a bit over a year now and my only guitar is an Ibanez Grx 20Z and i think its good enough for me. my amp's a 30 watt behringer that i got for like $80 , which i also think is more than good enough for an absolute beginner. But if youre comepletely positive i suggest the Ibanez RG350EX . i've never used it but it looks pretty good for $400. http://instrumentpro.com/P-IBARG350EX.html
If you decide to buy anything from that site use the coupon code "fabulous" for 20% off your purchase. BUT do you some background info on the site first cause i've never bought anything form there and dont know if it's reliable
most retail websites arent gonna really have bad reviews. listen to nightraven and get a starter pack. most guitarists upgrade their guitar after one to two years of playing no matter what guitar they got when they started out. unless you find one of those ibanezes and a cheap amp for under four hundred the starter pack is ur best bet.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-TransTube-Rage-158-1x8-15W-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481364&src=3SOSWXXA
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Quote by myriadovi
I've been looking at guitar reviews for quite a while now.. Actually since I desperately wanted to play guitar. I'm looking for a guitar (preferably Ibanez) which does great distortion, but which also plays good clean sounds. The sound I'm actually looking for is that of Opeth's. I know Mikael uses a PRS Custom 24, but my budget is fairly limited (400$ for my first guitar +- some $$$). From what I could spot, the RG321MH, RGR321EX and RG370DX models from Ibanez have fairly good reviews, but I'm asking for professional help. I can't figure out which one to buy!!! I really want to learn how to play, so take into consideration that it has to suit a complete novice. I would like the guitar to stay in tune for a long time, I don't know if I'm gonna use a whammy-bar from the start..also the guitar has to be easy to play. I have an acoustic guitar from '73...but it's in a VERY DEPLORABLE STATE..also 18 frets and strangely curved btrings, wooden bridge....I can't learn on this. Also, can you please indicate a good 10-15-maybe 20W amp which I could use with the guitar? This is serious bussiness guys,please help me out.I can't stand looking at another review website. There are always ones who have major problems with their guitars,which makes my choice even harder.
Close to begging for good advice,please.

Ovidiu

Go for the RG321MH, it's a solid, better-than-average starter guitar that's plenty good enough to gig with if you ever get that far.

As far as an amp goes if you want something cheap go for the Roland Microcube, if you want to spend a little more then perhaps the Cube 30X or Vox AD15VT.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I've decided upon the Ibanez RG321MH and the Roland Cube 20X amp. Now for a bit of a review. The guitar is of Indonesian make, but its make seems solid. Long sustain, stays in tune, as one would expect from a RG321. Not 100% sattisfied with the amp however. Choosing Metal Slack from the dial makes every note sound the same: uber-distorted, but not differenciated. Also the Tube Drive is not as advertised. IT doesn't even distort. However, when I bought the amp, they checked it in the store, not faulty etc. Bought it, drove 200 miles home, plugged it in,by the manual, and it gave a shrieking noise all of a sudden. Freaked out,unplugged it,plugged it again,an works as said above. The other features of the amp are nice..built-in effects, power squeaser (really usefull) and all that. All in all though,I'm happy with my purchase,embarking on the long-long road of learning how to play guitar Thank you for the advice guys >< Really appreciate it!

Cheers!
I say, get an Ibanez RG120. I got mine for $130 used. It was my first electric(I played acoustic for a few months first) and it's very versatile and good for learning. It's the lowest RG you can buy other than the kids models, and now that ive been playing for a year and a half it does the job well! I've played 2 shows with it in front of 1000+ people and it's held up. If you find you don't like the guitar, it's no major loss. On the other hand, if you find you do, you could always just upgrade to something more beefy