So What are peoples thoughts on Downloading Music Im talking illegitamate downloading, limewire sorta stuff coz i think that its robbing artists and record companies and record shops and letting a whole bunch of **** music seep through the cracks and into the mainstream market.
I admit it can be too tempting.

thoughts...
I don't do it, simply because Virgin Media are using some deep packet inspection technology to bust people.

*shakes fist*

I'd pay for it if I could download unlimited tracks DRM free for a set monthly fee. Until then, I won't bother.
I buy albums to support artists, also i would rather have the full cd with the artwork and everything else than just a file.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
if its a whole album then i'll definitely buy it as i want to support the artist so they have enough money to make another one, if its an odd song here or there though i have no qualms with illegitimate downloading
I don't. I buy ALL my music. I still have respect for the artists, the law, and our society.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Album sales give artists hardly any money (artists on major labels might get €0.50 per album if they're lucky). I download music, and if I like it, I buy band merch, which gives a signifcantly higher amount of money to the artist (and usually none to the record company), if I really love an album, I buy it anyway for the album art and just so I can physically have it, like my NIN collection =D

EDIT: How could I have forgotten that video?! xD
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Lol, I download alot, I just added 300 or so songs to my library.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by af_the_fragile
NIN fans think alike??...

I've a feeling trent's been brainwashing us, man, it's definately within his power...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Quote by fortysix&2
Album sales give artists hardly any money (artists on major labels might get €0.50 per album if they're lucky). I download music, and if I like it, I buy band merch, which gives a signifcantly higher amount of money to the artist (and usually none to the record company), if I really love an album, I buy it anyway for the album art and just so I can physically have it, like my NIN collection =D

That's pretty much what I was going to say, I download quite a lot of music and listen to it to find some music I really dig, if there's something I REALLY like I'd buy a t-shirt and/or go to their gigs, perhaps buy their CD when I'm there.
rawr
Quote by fortysix&2
I've a feeling trent's been brainwashing us, man, it's definately within his power...

I know he has brainwashed me to atleast some extent!!
And for some reason i absolutely don't mind that!
I only buy cd's from the bands i REALLY like. and 9/10 albums i would like to have. aren't sold around here. so then downloading is the only option then
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Quote by metalbaswee
I only buy cd's from the bands i REALLY like. and 9/10 albums i would like to have. aren't sold around here. so then downloading is the only option then

agreed. the bands that i really enjoy to listen to, i buy their cd's, shirts, and tickets.
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by Broken_Drum
That's probably the Brainwashing talking.

haha, probably!!
Art is Resistance dude!! Lets open our eyes and believe our nation is screwing us over!!!....
**** all the record labels, **** corporate *****s!!

Thinking bout it, it sorta makes sense...
Quote by saphrax
You can get off it now.

Zing.

Quote by af_the_fragile
haha, probably!!
Art is Resistance dude!! Lets open our eyes and believe our nation is screwing us over!!!....
**** all the record labels, **** corporate *****s!!

Thinking bout it, it sorta makes sense...

Stick it to the man!
Quote by af_the_fragile
I know he has brainwashed me to atleast some extent!!
And for some reason i absolutely don't mind that!

I paid good money for that brainwashing! It's better than the standard one you get when you pay your tv license fee...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Quote by saphrax
You can get off it now.

F*** it. i lol'd so hard
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.