On my profile, I was trying out a new mic I have. I've thought about doing some solo sidelines to the funk band I'm in (originals, not covers), and wondered if, based on the strength of this, it would work?

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sozes+Flying+V/
Quote by filthandfury
I only do that on MSN, and I get many complaints about it.

F&F will have cyber sex with you on MSN. He's a bit handsy though.

I have become..... METACARPI!!!!

I wish

Joeymaxx
Your rendition of seven nation army is kool. I really like your voice. What type of instrument did you use for the solo? quite dreamy
i know it says demo... but still it is very simple.. like bare.. this song basicly features bass and it sounded off without it.
the vocals were good but the melody was off sometimes..
the solo sounded quite off and choppy

it is a good start... with a little more effort and practice your solo sidelines could work.. but it needs some work.
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by Ardie12
i know it says demo... but still it is very simple.. like bare.. this song basicly features bass and it sounded off without it.
the vocals were good but the melody was off sometimes..
the solo sounded quite off and choppy

it is a good start... with a little more effort and practice your solo sidelines could work.. but it needs some work.

The melody's a bit dodgy in places, and I did try to compensate for the lack of bass (amp setting wise, as much use as that was ever going to be ) I never mastered the song, that's why the solo sounds.... rough - was improvised on an old wah pedal (AW-7), but thanks for the criticism. I'll put some originals up soon
Quote by filthandfury
I only do that on MSN, and I get many complaints about it.

F&F will have cyber sex with you on MSN. He's a bit handsy though.

I have become..... METACARPI!!!!

I wish

Joeymaxx
Sounds good! If you have an octave pedal (or bass, or friend with a bass), you should try get some bass in there
i don't mean to sound mean... but this literally made me cringe several times... especially the 2nd verse being off time with the vocals, and the solo. I think everyone is a little delusional with their comments.

vocals... try and sing using your own voice, don't try to replicate someone else. Its all good when people go "hey man! you sound exactly like so and so!" but essentially you'll be pigeon-holed as someone who just sounds like someone else. try to be more original in your voicing.

I understand you are still a beginner at guitar and probably singing, so please don't let my comments discourage you. We all (even myself) used to perform guitar and sing terribly, but with time and practice you are able to improve areas and become a better musician.
the guitar was a bit missing here....not too good though...the classic guitar was okay...you had mistakes here and there where the strings buzz
the electric guitar had a lot of timing problems and the tone could have been better
the voice was nice, but a bit missing too...
you had a lot of timing problems...

well it wasn't too bad though... you just need a lot of work on it...
Not bad, if I could give one piece of advice it would be to add more attitude. It felt like it lacked power and emotion, and you were kinda just lying back on your bed chilling rather than performing. I think after that it will sound 100x better, good luck!
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS