Im buying this guitar and i tried it out and everything like that and i really like it, however the pickups sound a bit microphonic so what pickups could i change to to get rid of that and to make it sound a bit more chunkier?

i play through a VOX AD30VT btw

J
Duncan JB
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
no more than £150 - £200 a pickup

and i play ACDC, guns n roses etc.
however im starting to play more blues and jazz
so if that helps?
is it a japanese tokai? if so, awesome.

i'd look into bareknuckle, bulldog, swineshead and rockmonkey. each of those are handwinders, and you can email them for advice on which pickup to go for. my guess is that you want pretty vintage/low-output pickups for those tones.

also, if you can afford £200 per pickup (o_O), i'd seriously consider getting a new amp as well- the vox is cool for practice, but it is an imitation of the real thing (valves).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
okay il have a look at these pickups!
thanks for your advice, its the first decent reply iv had tbh!

what amp would you look into instead then?

Thanks again!
J
depends how much money you have, but a laney vc15 or 30 would be cool for around the £200-£300 mark for the stuff you play.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Tokai FTW I own one also a SG, its awesome, but my stock pickups are fine so i havent changed them, they sounds sweet.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
My friend has a Tokai Love Rock, and I love it.

Perhaps you could take a look at some Seymour Duncans, such as the JB/Jazz combo.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I'm actually amazed, only one/two person has suggested an amp!

But you should try getting a good valve amp, it would be better than new pickups, in my humble opinion.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Jul 17, 2008,
Bareknuckle pickups are the way to go, but naturally a tube amp is also a good thing to have
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
so whats the difference between a tube amp and a valve amp?

(sorry nooob question!)
(hangs head in shame)
Quote by Felgate

(sorry nooob question!)
(hangs head in shame)

The name.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Felgate

(sorry nooob question!)
(hangs head in shame)

nothing... valve is the british english term, tube is american english. they're used more or less interchangeably now, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
okay then
so what amp would you suggest to me?

baring in mind not only do i play blues and jazz, but i play blues rock to so i need a nice distortion kinda like Guns or ACDC
assuming you don't get any heavier than ac/dc or gnr, that laney vc i suggested would be worth a look. it's pretty vintage-sounding, though, so you'd need to try it to make sure it gets heavy enough.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?