Page 1 of 3
I tried playing guitar hero and somehow i get used to the feel of a plastic thing so light
and when I tried playing guitar Im still shaking my hand like Im playing guitar hero..
so that means my playing is ruined by guitar hero ?....
I play both guitar hero and real guitar. my suggestion is to not play guitar hero for an extended amount of time, or at least try to balance how you play.

of course if you play guitar hero for hours on end and then go pick up a real guitar, it's going to feel weird.

like i said, you can play guitar hero, just not too much.
Palm must connect with face
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Quote by Thescottsman
EPIC Fail

Fixed
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
i'd say stop playing guitar hero, its for ppl who have no ambition to play real guitar, yet somehow get the thrill of playing guitar on a guitar shaped controller with 5 buttons.
I dont understand why real guitarists play Guitar Hero in the first place. You are your own guitar hero and can do it with the real thing. Sure, its fun, but is it as fun as playing the real thing? I just play it when I go to friends houses, thats it.

But if it is ruining your guitar playing skills, you gotta decide because youll have to quit one of them... do you want to become master at guitar hero or real guitar?
I find it helps with my dexterity and timing.... Not as much as practicing real guitar does of course. I never stand up when playing GH, always sit.... So the weight thing doesn't affect me
Quote by aaronob
I dont understand why real guitarists play Guitar Hero in the first place. You are your own guitar hero and can do it with the real thing. Sure, its fun, but is it as fun as playing the real thing? I just play it when I go to friends houses, thats it.

But if it is ruining your guitar playing skills, you gotta decide because youll have to quit one of them... do you want to become master at guitar hero or real guitar?

i agree, but like i said before, it'd only ruin your skills if you played guitar hero for multiple hours on end. if you play a few songs just for fun like i do (max of 30 minutes or so) and keep up practicing real guitar, it shouldn't be a problem.
Of Course!!

You'll forget everything you've learned about the guitar and music by playing guitar hero.
Its a trully evil game and should be banned!
I play Guitar Hero and actual guitar, so as long as you balance the playing and continue to practice real guitar like normal, you should be fine.
why GH news mentioned on the front page, i wonder..

damn, still talking like yoda..
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Quote by mikerev
I find it helps with my dexterity and timing.... Not as much as practicing real guitar does of course. I never stand up when playing GH, always sit.... So the weight thing doesn't affect me

i was just thinking the same thing, but the only things it can really help you with are hammer ons and pull offs and the ability to spread your fingers further between frets. also might help with using pinky finger.

that being said, there's no substitute for playing the real guitar and practicing on that.
I have completed every guitar hero on expert and I still am capable of playing real guitar JUST fine, I donät understand whatäs the nagging about "if you play real guitar you CAAANT play guitar hero!" I think it has made my left- and right hand work better together, dunno. Playing guitar hero is fun for an hour or two, but playing real guitar is superior, but sometimes you just don't feel playing real guitar...
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Quote by Empathica1928
I play Guitar Hero and actual guitar, so as long as you balance the playing and continue to practice real guitar like normal, you should be fine.

+1

exactly what i said, so agreed.
how about...put the no mistakes cheat then play your real guita along with the song. itd be coooooooool dude. youll look like a total baffoon.
Quote by henkka_potku
I have completed every guitar hero on expert and I still am capable of playing real guitar JUST fine, I donät understand whatäs the nagging about "if you play real guitar you CAAANT play guitar hero!" I think it has made my left- and right hand work better together, dunno. Playing guitar hero is fun for an hour or two, but playing real guitar is superior, but sometimes you just don't feel playing real guitar...

+1

i'm finding myself to be agreeing with many posts in this thread.
it may not ruin your guitar playing....
but it will ruin your chances of getting laid.....
plain and simple
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
so i used to play guitar hero, until i realized it was screwing with my actual ability to play. after playing it for awhile, i had some trouble from switching between strings fast because guitar hero only has one "string". I would say stick with guitar, but guitar hero definitly affects your playing
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP
I have had no problems. Mostly because I am Jesus.
I dont know but some people say its actually a work out or some kind of a warm up for them
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
it may not ruin your guitar playing....
but it will ruin your chances of getting laid.....
plain and simple

+1

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Quote by chichong
I tried playing guitar hero and somehow i get used to the feel of a plastic thing so light
and when I tried playing guitar Im still shaking my hand like Im playing guitar hero..
so that means my playing is ruined by guitar hero ?....

Well since getting my guitar 2 months ago i havn't played guitar hero .. i thought that playing guitar hero mite make it hard or feel weird to play my actual guitar again ... but i dont realli need to play guitar hero now ive gt a guitar to play .. and i can actually play it .. guitar hero is 4 people who cant play guitar bcoz guitar hero gives them the feeling of playing a real guitar
Quote by henkka_potku

+1 in my eyes, yeah real guitar is alot better but i go a few days when i dont want to pick up the real guitar cause im all wrote out like i am at the minute, nothing is coming to me at present so im not always up for playing. but if im in mood for GH ill play, it opened my eyes to quite a few songs i never listened to and im gonna continue playing it and the next ones that come out but ill never stop playing guitar or love it as much as i do.
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Nah. I play Guitar hero every now and again and it hasn't hindered my guitar playing.

It's just a bit of fun and is nothing like actually playing a guitar.

That's the same as asking if gaming can ruin your guitar playing... And you already know the answer to that one.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by chichong
I dont know but some people say its actually a work out or some kind of a warm up for them

Yeah Herman Ri uses it so it has to be a good warm up for guitarists.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Oh btw sit down when playing, that might help for the shaking (or try not to lift the guitar up when you play it lol) if that doesn't help quit playing or play as little as possible.

Quote by Sami Philadelph
dont play it. guitar hero was actually created by mtv so that the last remaining guitar players would get hooked to it and leave real guitar resulting in the death of what little remains of rock music. that was the purpose mtv came into existence. to bring the death of rock n roll. haha.
Quote by Plus_the_Bear

Electric Wizard owns.

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
electricwizard_ wins at common sense!!!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this in your sig.
So you're afraid that this tingling sensation might ruin your Guitar hero playing? Don't worry about it man, same thing happens to me, but I just play a bit less real guitar, balance it out a little. And look at me now, I can ace Welcome to the Jungle on expert!
Quote by guitarlover.<3
Well since getting my guitar 2 months ago i havn't played guitar hero .. i thought that playing guitar hero mite make it hard or feel weird to play my actual guitar again ... but i dont realli need to play guitar hero now ive gt a guitar to play .. and i can actually play it .. guitar hero is 4 people who cant play guitar bcoz guitar hero gives them the feeling of playing a real guitar

Or it's for people that enjoy music video games...

I play both perfectly fine. Some days, I even play more Guitar Hero than real guitar. Does that make me worse at guitar? No. It's all about preference.
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Did nobody notice he's being sarcastic?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by last-1s-out
Palm must connect with face HARD

This.
Gear:

Ex-50

Epiphone Les Paul

Marshal MG30DFX
Quote by saphrax
Yes. No. Maybe. [delete as appropriate]

Done.

Just play guitar more than guitar hero and it shouldn't affect you too much.
Most people who play for an excess of 2 hours a day will not wnt to play guitar because hey look at that, i've just a million points, can a real guitar give you a million points? nope.

I still stick with guitar because I suck at Guitar Hero.
Quote by severed-metal
I still stick with guitar because I suck at Guitar Hero.

Yep. Same here.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Page 1 of 3