i'm already a big fan of yngwie malmsteen, jason becker etc and also bands that include neoclassica elements into their playing such as children of bodom.

So UG, could you recomend me some new neoclassical, guitar driven heavy metal music?

thanks in advance
Top lel.
Necrophagist hmmmm its Tech. death metal but you can really hear alot of neo-classical in muhammed's playing
Time Requiem... check out their debut self-titled album...great stuff....check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYy_bhfS5Bg
ummm...Galneryus...japanese power neoclassical metal band...check out the Advance To The Fall album...
umm definitely check out Cacophony if you havent already.....umm thats all i can thinnk of for now.

edit:- oh and Warmen's debut album, Unknown Soldier too... Necrophagist too i guess...although they're more of a tech death metal band...
Last edited by ordinary_story at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by ordinary_story
Time Requiem... check out their debut self-titled album...great stuff....
ummm...Galneryus...japanese power neoclassical metal band...check out the Advance To The Fall album...
umm definitely check out Cacophony if you havent already.....umm thats all i can thinnk of for now.

Galneryus = +2897347895616461237496327532945193834586 and a half.

And if you like that check out Takayoshi Ohmura's solo work.
I recently posted a link to a forum dedicated to neo-classical, they can help u out well there, it is full of like minded people!

http://neoclassicalmetal.org/index.php?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Cacophany!
Dangit beaten.
Well there's Paul Gilbert, some of his stuff sounds neoclassical (Scarified)
i already love paul gilbert/racer x, galneryus, necrophagist, cacophony and Takayoshi Ohmura!
ahaha

devon8822: cheers for that man, im just on the myspace for that just now
Top lel.