Poll: Would you buy one if you thought the joke was funny?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you buy one if you thought the joke was funny?
Yes
3 10%
No
9 29%
Maybe
10 32%
Never in my life
9 29%
Voters: 31.
So I want to create a website where I sell t-shrits. The idea is pretty simple and am not quite sure if it would work. So I'm taking a poll if you guys think this is a good idea. The t shirts would be simple in design as they would have jokes on them. For example, on the front of the shirt it would read....What do you call a group of mexicans? and on the back it would say Mucho Cinco. A more dirty style of shirt would read something like.. Why do men never perform oral sex on women the night after sex? and on the back it would read.. Have you ever tried to pull apart a grilled cheese sandwhich? So like I said it's a simple concept and I would have all different genres of jokes and you could choose what color/size shirt you want.
T shirts are a bit of a big+stupidly competative market, I dunno how much you'd make... Then again T Shirt Hell started off small and online and are now... uum still small and online but they must be doing ok. I suppose the only way to find out is to go for it, but try not to put too much money in to it to start off... How are you printing the tshirts?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
A very hard market to tap

but at least its not eruption...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I would have them printed at my friends local shop. It would just be simple text so I figure it wouldn't cost too much to make them and I'm only doing this to make a little extra cash on the side so I don't expect much.
I suppose it's going to depend on how cheap you can get tshirts, printing, web hosting, etc, then if you can sell enough to make that money back+a bit on top. How are you planning on marketing them?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

haha well like i said theyre would be genres... some for kids... some for teenagers.. some for adults
i would market them through word of mouth, flyers, etc.. it would also just be a page for me to host just so I could put up banners for advertisements.
You could do well if you specifically target kids, low to mid teens and people with physical and mental disabilities (a relatively un tapped market as far as tshirts go, nothing much funnier than a drunk downs syndrome dude in a mildly offensive tshirt), I know it's not paticularly PC but there's money to be made, if you can find forums and stuff to spread your own word of mouth on without being obvious enough to get banned then you may be on to a winner

say i put up a banner for ebay if someone clicks on that link i get a commision. pay per click system.. but i need a good enough excuse for people to come to the site in the first place.
maybe i should have made a poll for "if you think other people would buy one?" haha
Those sites are already in abundance.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Yeah, you really need a good reputation to be able to sell a tshirt. As far as jokes/satire shirts go, I'll stick with TshirtHell.com or Jinx.com unless you start selling some $10 shirts. But for the record, I go to a solid place to get my tshirts done for my band for $4 each and the minimum order is 25 and the quality is great. So if you do do this project, pm me and I'll get back with you the contact info.
well the way i see it is.. if for all those people i see walking around all the time with stupid t shirts that say something like "kiss me im irish" then why wouldn't those kinds of people buy a shirt with a joke they think is funny on it.. maybe i could have the cleint tell me what they want written on it and go from there
Quote by gmen8225
well the way i see it is.. if for all those people i see walking around all the time with stupid t shirts that say something like "kiss me im irish" then why wouldn't those kinds of people buy a shirt with a joke they think is funny on it.. maybe i could have the cleint tell me what they want written on it and go from there

That's not a bad idea, however there are quite a few sites that already do it so there's a bit of competition, I suppose the best way to get around that would be to sell them for as little as possible while still covering yourself

okay well then what joke do you think would be funny enough? it has to be a one liner.. not enough room on the shirts it would just look sloppy
Quote by daytripper75
not if the jokes are as lame as those.

This.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
a printing shop.. my friends dad owns one. he mainly prints t-shirts for our athletic leagues in town and stuff like that. it shouldn't cost much to print a few words on a shirt. sell the shirt for about $10.. make about $2 profit per shirt
Sounds like you'll be in the hole on money once you get this thing going. There are already tons of site that market shirts now. My advice is don't waste money to get this thing going because you won't see much of a profit, if any, until very late into the project.
A new idea would be better. Most people I know don't like just straight up text on shirts. They like to wear something with a cool design as well.
lawlkyle
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
This.

Yeah, what she said.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Quote by BigWrig
Sounds like you'll be in the hole on money once you get this thing going. There are already tons of site that market shirts now. My advice is don't waste money to get this thing going because you won't see much of a profit, if any, until very late into the project.
A new idea would be better. Most people I know don't like just straight up text on shirts. They like to wear something with a cool design as well.

well, right... me too. but i'm saying their are people who do and those are the people im marketing. theres always a market for something.. even if its small.